This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
cancelled travel 2020

2020 travel cancelled?....
curiosity only:-
What is the status of long stay people who have opted to stay or who have been unable repatriate for whatever reason?
How does the 90 day rule apply?
I know what the common sense answers should be.
2 users say Thank You to DavidP for this post
Reply Quote
In all honesty, no one can know, but if common sense prevails, the ninety day rule will be ignored under these circumstances surely?
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
My understanding is you should only be here now if you have residencia therefore complying with the 90 day rule and own you own property or have a long term let agreement.

I did see some where in one of these threads about 10,000s of UK tourist still waiting to be repatriated from the Canaries , I have to say I thought that was an exaggeration.
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
3 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
(13-04-2020, 08:09 AM)windermeregolfer Wrote: As others have mentioned how long is a piece if string, Spain and the Canaries in particular may get over this sooner than other parts of Europe but do we want to allow those countries tourist to visit the islands to soon and risk spreading the virus again.

I also think sensible people will be reluctant to take flights until after a couple of months of no new cases as they don't want to risk being on a plane with a passenger that may have the virus.

As far as I can see, there won't be any 'getting over' the virus until a successful vaccine is developed? It won't just simply disappear because most of Europe has been on lockdown, and we can't just uninvent it. 

Lockdowns are a way of managing the situation but at some point, like it or not, there will have to be exposure to it in the general population (the so-called 'herd' effect) to develop some level of immunity - unless of course we continue with lockdowns until a vaccine is available, by which time the economy of Europe will be destroyed.
6 users say Thank You to Robbo for this post
Reply Quote
(13-04-2020, 12:45 PM)Robbo Wrote:
(13-04-2020, 08:09 AM)windermeregolfer Wrote: As others have mentioned how long is a piece if string, Spain and the Canaries in particular may get over this sooner than other parts of Europe but do we want to allow those countries tourist to visit the islands to soon and risk spreading the virus again.

I also think sensible people will be reluctant to take flights until after a couple of months of no new cases as they don't want to risk being on a plane with a passenger that may have the virus.

As far as I can see, there won't be any 'getting over' the virus until a successful vaccine is developed? It won't just simply disappear because most of Europe has been on lockdown, and we can't just uninvent it. 

Lockdowns are a way of managing the situation but at some point, like it or not, there will have to be exposure to it in the general population (the so-called 'herd' effect) to develop some level of immunity - unless of course we continue with lockdowns until a vaccine is available, by which time the economy of Europe will be destroyed.

Agree Robbo, 
This just now is just to get past the v aggressive progression of the virus. Then we have to find a way to adapt & still live “normal” lives until a vaccine is available IMO
2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cancelled flights 25th Sept 2022 TamaraEnLaPlaya 2 1,363 25-09-2022, 07:24 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya