This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
airport passenger 2020 numbers

Airport Passenger Numbers in 2020
Hopefully tourism will come back a bit from next year onwards. In the post-COVID times, I imagine people will be re-evaluating priorities and re-considering isolated areas like the Canaries, as they should present lower risk than countries with strong rail links and lots of land borders, or which have lots of big cities and international hub airports.
2 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
Maybe so Ducks, there will be lots more twists & turns to follow. One of the things that is irritating me is the airlines that appear to be building peoples hopes up only to then go and cancel the flights. I know somebody who has recently (late June) booked a package holiday for Sept and it has already been cancelled.
2 users say Thank You to fatherted for this post
Reply Quote
Sadly a small minority of tourists can spoil it for the majority, i hope i am wrong but i can see further restrictions on visitors if the "idiots" don't learn to behave properly. The technology now exists with the various visitor forms to ban those people that don't know how to behave. Parts of Spain are already imposing stricter rules on masks and tourism has only recently re-started. It is hardly surprising after some of the recent newspaper reports.
3 users say Thank You to Jason W for this post
Reply Quote
179,386 passengers (Arrivals and Departures) through the airport in July 2020, a 64.5% decrease on the same month last year.
4 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
There were 262,163 (arrivals and Departures) passengers through Fuerteventura airport in August 2020. That is a 50.3% drop on August 2019.

The Jan-Aug 2020 total (Arrivals and Departures) is 1,822,088 passengers, which is a 57% drop on the same period in 2019.
5 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks Captain. Those are big drops, but not as big as I would have expected. I would have thought 75 or 80% if I had had to hazard a guess.
Living my dream
5 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Just booked flights yesterday,, so Passenger Numbers should be +2 for next week, sorry, week after next,, DOH !

Have seen all the vids on youtube, can see that things are quite at the moment,, But this pandemic won't last for ever. And Fuerteventura will bounce back. Good as ever..
Will be in Stoners in time for happy hour..
2 users say Thank You to Ray for this post
Reply Quote
Just had my flight canceled by Ryanair,, time to sort out a plan B  ..
3 users say Thank You to Ray for this post
Reply Quote
Where were you due to fly from?
1 user says Thank You to Nemo4 for this post
Reply Quote
Dublin to Fuerteventura still on,, but my flight back home on OCT 1 was canceled. Will get a refund , But it takes Ryanair weeks to sort out.
1 user says Thank You to Ray for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airport Passenger Numbers 2024 Captain Sensible 2 293 12-04-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Captain Sensible
  Problem passenger on Vueling from Barcelona TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 225 21-01-2024, 07:10 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Airport Passenger Numbers 2023 Captain Sensible 16 2,789 15-01-2024, 02:22 PM
  Airport Passenger Numbers in 2022 Captain Sensible 24 6,286 10-01-2023, 12:44 PM
  Airport Passenger Numbers in 2021 Captain Sensible 17 8,341 11-01-2022, 02:30 PM