This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
id bank letter verification

Bank ID verification letter
Hi all,
Anyone else had a letter from their bank asking you to go into your local branch to verify your ID recently - for anti Money laundering reasons? 
Just received one from Caixa Bank that says if we don't physically go in and present our ID documents by 19th of this month, the account goes into limp mode where you can't withdraw Money or transfer in or out; although they will continue to pay your bills until the Money runs out. We had to do this a couple of years ago which wasn't a problem but with the current situation, there's every chance we won't be back on the island until next year.
4 users say Thank You to mark5075 for this post
Reply Quote
Hello Mark, welcome to the forum. 

I'm not with Caixa but a friend had a similar letter from Sabadell a couple of years ago and she was able to resolve it by email with them.

Good luck, keep us up to date with how you get on as others may find it useful.
Living my dream
4 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Welcome to the forum, Mark!

Not with Caixa myself neither but no matter how you're going to sort this out, make sure you have a backup account. Have a read about Starling (recommended) or Revolut. Both excellent exchange rate, free to open and keep (possible charge for the first card but still less than a tenner), great mobile app, able to pay in the shops, restaurants on the island as well as in the UK, conversion of Money in seconds, etc.

Also, Caixa Bank is introducing new current account fees.
I Heart Fuerteventura
4 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks for the advice, have messaged customer services so waiting to see what they come back with. Only use the account to pay monthly property bills like community fees and endesa and there's enough in there to last until we hopefully get back to normal. We already pay non-resident bank charges and reading the article it doesn't look like the new CaixaBank charges apply to this type of account. 
Will report back when I find anything out.
3 users say Thank You to mark5075 for this post
Reply Quote
Okay, so the update is that customer services got back to me and said that if I went on to their online Banking, tucked away is the option to upload an image of your passport. Done that so hopefully we're sorted - for now...
Reply Quote
That's good news and useful info, thanks Mark. 🤞
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Welcome to the forum Mark, thank you for your contribution about Banking. Look forward to other contributions
1 user says Thank You to Can the Man for this post
Reply Quote
(17-09-2020, 08:59 PM)mark5075 Wrote: Okay, so the update is that customer services got back to me and said that if I went on to their online banking, tucked away is the option to upload an image of your passport. Done that so hopefully we're sorted - for now...

I have had a look on my La Caixa account & it must be tucked away pretty deep as I can`t see it. Not surprising as the site is not exactly user friendly I find.

Could you give the steps on the online account to follow after you have logged in?
2 users say Thank You to beachlife for this post
Reply Quote
This is what I did:
Once on the online Banking website, enter your "Identification" and "Password" at the top right
Click LOG IN
Click on the "Hello Yourname" at the top right
Click on "Personal Settings"
At the left hand side of the screen, 3rd line down is an option to "Attach Identification Document"
Under "Select Document" is the option to choose the ID that you have and attach a jpeg of it.
Click on "Attach Document" and navigate to where you have your jpeg stored on your computer.
I just took a photo of the photo page of my passport and attached it.
Hope that helps  Smile
Reply Quote
Thanks a lot Mark brilliant. Got my big spade out & dug deep & found what you gave instructions for.

No wonder people can`t find information easily, the interface on a Banking page should be user friendly. I`m pretty computer literate have taught & written computer policies for education authorities, so if I struggled to find the information then there is something wrong with the website.

Well done for persisting in your task & giving straightforward instructions. Suggest you get a job with La Caixia in their web page design department!
3 users say Thank You to beachlife for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UK Private pensions paid direct to Spanish bank account - charges! TamaraEnLaPlaya 1 1,946 03-10-2022, 08:44 PM
Last Post: classic
  Which bank is best for Corralejo? Bill 12 5,498 15-04-2022, 06:48 AM
Last Post: Sam
  What’s the latest on bank charges ? FVmouse 6 5,718 26-09-2021, 12:09 PM
Last Post: FVmouse
  Santander Bank Corralejo jdeefd 7 5,519 01-01-2021, 05:11 AM
Last Post: Pandali
  Free Spanish Bank accounts for residents Sam 12 8,040 20-07-2020, 06:06 PM
Last Post: Lexeus