This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
property with bought laws taxes comply etc necessary

Bought a property - What to do to comply with the necessary laws, taxes etc
I wasn't sure where to post this question so excuse me if i am in the wrong place.
Having purchased our first property in April and only being able to visit last week i would be grateful for an idiots guide on what i should be doing to comply with the necessary laws, taxes etc. Water and electricity are in hand, it was suggested i take a trip to the Town Hall to discuss sorting any taxes, bins charges etc. Obviously i don't want to miss anything.

Thank you in advance.

Split from the Non Resident Property Tax thread. Sam
2 users say Thank You to Jason W for this post
Reply Quote
Morning Jason, firstly hope all went well last week and all is well in your apartment.

As far as I am aware there are 3 taxes IBI (Rates) Basura (Bins) and Non Resident Tax.  In our case when we bought our lawyer had power of attorney and arrange all the paper work and Direct Debits for us.

Sorry I can't assist more.
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
2 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
The Town Hall in Caleta is a good place to start, they do speak English and are helpful. If you are in any doubt contact
 Miguel at   info@theboxxpro.com  - (he is on Facebook as well). Many of us have used him for Residencia / licences etc and I'm sure he would go through everything with you.
Welcome to the Island - relax and enjoy
Life is short.....Be kind to one another  Smile
2 users say Thank You to classic for this post
Reply Quote
Thank you John and Classic - someone mentioned the Town Hall but in view of current situation assumed maybe you had to arrange an appointment, i am back in 3 weeks so could arrange one if it is necessary. Our Solicitor has power of attorney too so will ask her first.
Reply Quote
If you go into the town hall in Caleta & take your property paperwork they should be able to set up DD payments for IBI & Basura (council tax & bins) then you have just the non resident property tax to take care of. You can do it yourself but I find easier to do through a U.K. company that can do all paperwork for you & pay the bill. HTH
1 user says Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks Ron - the Solicitor has just been in touch to say we have to wait for a property reference which takes some time and then she can set it all up.
Reply Quote
(14-07-2020, 12:58 PM)Jason W Wrote: Thanks Ron - the Solicitor has just been in touch to say we have to wait for a property reference which takes some time and then she can set it all up.

I know others have used Beatriz for legal matters but i must just say she has done an incredible job for us, always on hand to deal with any questions and problems. I am not sure if the forum is the right place to do so, but i wouldn't hesitate to recommend her services.
3 users say Thank You to Jason W for this post
Reply Quote
recommendations are always welcome; and I would second that Betriz does a great job for the 'legal stuff', she did my will for me a few years ago.
Life is short.....Be kind to one another  Smile
2 users say Thank You to classic for this post
Reply Quote
(14-07-2020, 01:07 PM)Jason W Wrote:
(14-07-2020, 12:58 PM)Jason W Wrote: Thanks Ron - the Solicitor has just been in touch to say we have to wait for a property reference which takes some time and then she can set it all up.

I know others have used Beatriz for legal matters but i must just say she has done an incredible job for us, always on hand to deal with any questions and problems. I am not sure if the forum is the right place to do so, but i wouldn't hesitate to recommend her services.

Hi again Jason, we used Beatriz who gets another vote from me, she had to wait up to 18 months to get the property number for our properties on Las Estancia back in '16 / '17 and we only had to pay '17 onwards.

Beatriz also does our non resident tax each year,  for a fee I might add, which I am happy about.
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
3 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
(14-07-2020, 02:31 PM)windermeregolfer Wrote: Hi again Jason, we used Beatriz who gets another vote from me, she had to wait up to 18 months to get the property number for our properties on Las Estancia back in '16 / '17 and we only had to pay '17 onwards.

Beatriz also does our non resident tax each year,  for a fee I might add, which I am happy about.

Thirded. She handles all our business, and we've had very positive experiences with her. Her English is excellent, communication is prompt, and she really knows her stuff. Very intelligent, pleasant lady, and (COVID times aside), very accessible office-wise in Puerto near the shopping centre.
3 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Military check for rural property purchase Cotillo_Tom 1 885 21-06-2023, 08:07 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  If you have residencia and live here do you a pay non resident taxes?? Warriors 8 6,035 31-12-2019, 06:28 AM
Last Post: Will
  Non Resident Property Tax 2019 form Decho 17 10,530 15-11-2019, 03:58 PM
Last Post: MLA
  Prevent your property from being fraudulently sold or mortgaged Sam 10 7,884 10-07-2019, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Sam
  Selling a property Si Tie 23 12,139 07-12-2018, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Warriors