This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
purchase car

Car Purchase
Asking for a friend, does anyone know of anyone or anywhere that he could buy a reasonably priced estate car...

Cheers
Willie
2 users say Thank You to willie5094 for this post
Reply Quote
I would recommend getting in touch with AboutCars - AboutCars.es ...they will find the type of car you want. They speak English and are very helpful and come highly recommended.
Also worth trying Orvecame in Rosario - they sell the best of the rental cars used by Cicar and Payless. Orvecame are the parent company and completely refurbish them. I bought a Zafira from them and it was an excellent car.
2 users say Thank You to Decho for this post
Reply Quote
I wholeheartedly recommend About Cars. Wieberen Poelstra (don't panic - he speaks perfect English) is an absolute gent and a pleasure to deal with. His cars come with your first service and first ITV test (MOT) included in the price. 

Be very careful if you think of buying privately as the paperwork can be a nightmare. 

Go to aboutcars.es or info@aboutcars.es or 34 630 83 71 43 (he's on What's App).

Tom.
2 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks guys, I bought my car from Aboutcars 10 months ago and really happy with it, to be fair my friend is looking for something a wee bit on the cheaper side.

Cheers
Willie
2 users say Thank You to willie5094 for this post
Reply Quote
I don't think that there are many estate cars on the island.  

Second hand cars are expensive.  I bought my present car, second-hand, from Orvecame in Puerto del Rosario.  Close to there are other car sales showrooms like Dibar and Motor Elecion.
2 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
Another endorsement for AboutCars. Couldn't be more helpful, but I think they are a little expensive. Could try Antigua Motors, on right going North out of Antigua. I've heard good reports and I believe he speaks English.
3 users say Thank You to TrickyFox for this post
Reply Quote
Saw this today:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/74510107...65&sfns=mo
2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
There is also this - https://www.facebook.com/groups/216715438721621/ and there is Marketplace on Facebook
3 users say Thank You to TrickyFox for this post
Reply Quote
Secondhand vehicles are considerably cheaper in Gran Canaria than Fuerteventura and can be ferried back with ease for under £100 including 2 passengers, way cheaper if you have padron.  Any reputable car dealer will sort out all the paperwork for you and will often collect you from ferry in Las Palmas.  They will usually also have reciprocal warranty arrangements in place with garages in Fuerte, so even if there's a problem, it can be sorted without having to return the car.

It is very possible to purchase a vehicle in this way, run it for 2/3 years and sell it in Fuerte for what you paid initially.   

www.coches.net is a great car search site. Choose car type/mileage/price etc and enter Las Palmas in 'provincias'.

I think you will find that this is what aboutcars do on your behalf when you approach them for a specific vehicle, then make around 2 grand on the average deal.

Fine if you have the Money to burn!
5 users say Thank You to Grampiangranny for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New car purchase Chic and Chelle 6 640 23-04-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: Cotillo_Tom
  Ownership costs on the island— tax, purchase, insurance? Ducks 18 3,059 18-08-2023, 09:35 AM
Last Post: Grampiangranny