This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas decorations in Atlantico already up
Just realised that the Christmas decorations in Atlantico are already up. They have been working on it the whole past weekend.

Talking about festive decorations, do you know when the Christmas lights are going to be switched on around the island?
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
My lights get switched on on 1st December! If I'm going to the bother of putting them up I want my Money's worth out of my time! (Only lights, no other decs.)

Saw the decorations on Tuesday evening in Atlantico Centre - wasn't over impressed, looked a bit dull and dingy, perhaps they needed dusting!
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
(17-11-2018, 12:59 AM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: My lights get switched on on 1st December! If I'm going to the bother of putting them up I want my money's worth out of my time! (Only lights, no other decs.)

Saw the decorations on Tuesday evening in Atlantico Centre - wasn't over impressed, looked a bit dull and dingy, perhaps they needed dusting!

Ditto December 1st for lights.

When I was in the Atlantico Wednesday the spark was up ladders connecting the lights so may be that is why they looked dull Tuesday  Smile Smile

John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
3 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
When we first moved here 15 years ago, there weren't any christmas decorations to be seen until the beginning of December.
2 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
We were over last Christmas and I thought the centre looked good. It seems bizarre to be in there with Christmas trees & jingles etc & then come out to full sunshine  Confused Confused Confused
3 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
Give it a few years Ron, you'll get used to it. I honestly can't imagine Christmas without the sunshine. Being in Fuerteventura is actually the biggest Christmas wish I have every year. Don't need any other presents, just to be there every single Christmas break.

Back to the OP, I meant if there's a set day when the Christmas lights on the streets are getting switched on. Or does every town switch them on at different dates?
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
May be different there but when I lived in Ireland (catholic country) the day was the 8th December as it has some saint/holy significance. Is the 8th a fiesta day out there ? May be the same  Smile
2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
Not sure when town / street lights get turned on.

The Atlantico lights are on which brighten up the displays - 

John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
2 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
(17-11-2018, 12:56 PM)Spitfire58 Wrote: May be different there but when I lived in Ireland (catholic country) the day was the 8th December as it has some saint/holy significance. Is the 8th a fiesta day out there ? May be the same  Smile

You might be onto something here Ron. I had quite a read the other day about different parts of Spain and if I remember correctly, Spanish Christmas season actually starts 8th of December. That's the "Día de la Inmaculada Concepción". Not sure if that was only me confusing things but the Immaculate Conception celebrates the conception of the Virgin Mary and not her son, Jesus Christ. The date is exactly nine months before Mary's birth, on September 8th - something new every day Smile

Still can't find any more info about the lights on the island, though.
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(17-11-2018, 06:44 PM)windermeregolfer Wrote: Not sure when town / street lights get turned on.

The Atlantico lights are on which brighten up the displays - 

Looks much better with the light on.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atlantico Spar Caleta Haribo 10 4,607 20-10-2020, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Johnrgby
  Women's Secrets - Atlantico Center windermeregolfer 6 3,007 24-02-2020, 08:40 AM
  MULTIOPTICAS CC ATLANTICO windermeregolfer 13 6,289 16-07-2019, 01:28 PM