This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
puerto ship season cruise 2020 rosario

Cruise Ship Season - Puerto del Rosario 2020/21
from Radio Sintonia:

After the state of alarm on March 14, the first cruise that is visiting the Canary Islands during these days arrives in Puerto del Rosario: the Mein Schiff 2 of TUI Cruises, which will dock in the port of the capital of Majorera around 8.00 hours this Sunday, November 15.
With 1,327 German passengers and a crew of 727 people, the shipping company has ensured that the health safety of all is a priority for the company. Therefore, all cruise passengers are required to undergo a COVID-19 test before getting on the ship.
 In addition, cruise passengers can take advantage of excursions organized by the company itself in bubble environments.
From the Puerto del Rosario Department of Tourism they point out that "although the passengers will not be able to be in contact with the resident population, they will have the opportunity to get to know our island and choose it for their next vacation."
In addition, the capital city council, through the new QR code recently established for tourist information, will offer on board all the information they need, data of interest and emblematic places of the municipality in an accessible way.
After your visit to the island, the Mein Schiff 2 will continue its tour of Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Santa Cruz de La Palma and Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
Living my dream
5 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Europa 2
Saw this 500 passenger ship in Puerto yesterday. Checking the FindShip app it looks like she's already on the way to El Hierro.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Was there passengers on it Sam ?
1 user says Thank You to Can the Man for this post
Reply Quote
(20-12-2020, 10:05 PM)Can the Man Wrote: Was there passengers on it Sam ?

I wouldn't expect an empty vessel cruising the islands. Read somewhere the passengers were allowed to only take coaches to tour the island, not sure if that's still the case.
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(20-12-2020, 10:45 PM)Sam Wrote:
(20-12-2020, 10:05 PM)Can the Man Wrote: Was there passengers on it Sam ?

I wouldn't expect an empty vessel cruising the islands. Read somewhere the passengers were allowed to only take coaches to tour the island, not sure if that's still the case.

With all the travel restrictions and I don’t mean the ones in the last week or so, I’m just wondering where these passengers are coming from.
1 user says Thank You to Can the Man for this post
Reply Quote
Another cruise ship in port today.
2 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
Europa 2 was back in the port yesterday.
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Mein Schiff 2 is in PR today, left GC 19:30 25/12, and was 19 miles of Gran Tarahal at 18:00 last night, some 2 hours at their cruising speed from PR but did not dock until this morning, they are very obviously spending more time at sea and less time in ports  since the pandemic.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
4 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
(27-12-2020, 10:16 AM)Johnrgby Wrote: Mein Schiff 2 is in PR today, left GC 19:30 25/12, and was 19 miles of Gran Tarahal at 18:00 last night, some 2 hours at their cruising speed from PR but did not dock until this morning, they are very obviously spending more time at sea and less time in ports  since the pandemic.

Mein Schiff in the port. Not many people in the town centre nor on the beach, though.

I Heart Fuerteventura
3 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Took a couple of pics on the way home.

I Heart Fuerteventura
4 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fred Olsen's new cargo ship TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 37 24-03-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  2023/24 Cruise Season TamaraEnLaPlaya 8 1,057 07-12-2023, 06:51 PM
  Cruise Terminal PdR TamaraEnLaPlaya 1 355 08-11-2023, 12:13 AM
Last Post: Can the Man
  The navy ship "Meteoro" monitors the coast of Fuerteventura TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 335 19-10-2023, 08:31 PM
  Spanish naval vessel in Puerto del Rosario today TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 482 07-02-2023, 11:25 PM