This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
renewal certificate digital need

Digital Certificate - need for renewal?
OK, so I've been trying for 15 days to do my renewal.
I downloaded the software it said was needed and each time I attempted the renewal I would get right to the last click and then all would grind to a halt and I'd get a timeout message.
A few days ago I used the contact form on the site and requested help. I forgot and wrote the request in English - I got an immediate reply, use Spanish only. So I Google translated and sent it back! I received a detailed and helpful reply today. Within 10 minutes I had requested my new certificate, received the email with the code and got it installed - result!

I needed to run Autofirma as Administrator!

I've reproduced the email below in case it helps anyone else:

Esteemed Mr./Mrs.:

First of all we thank you for the interest shown in the certification services of the FNMT-RCM. Below we will try to respond to your message. In case the information we provide is not what you need, do not hesitate to contact us again at the address:ceres@fnmt.es

Have you installed Autofirma?

Install Autofirma application with administrator permissions, i.e., button right on Autofirma.exe, execute as administrator.

If you use proxy to go to the Internet, it must be configured in the Autofirma application.

If you already have Autofirma installed and the error persists, try the following:

1. Select the AutoFirm icon on the desktop and right-click, click Run as administrator.

Go to Tools and click Restore Installation.

Try signing again.

2. If it fails again check if you have a proxy and set it to Autofirma. Normally the proxy is configured in the properties of your browser, you can see it in Tools > Options > Connections, there you can see if you have configured any proxy for the exit to the internet.

If you use proxy to go to the Internet, it must be configured in the Autofirma application: Tools > preferences > network settings > configure proxy.

3. If option 2 fails, use Firefox.

4. If option 3 fails, send us attachments in the mail all the files that are in the directory C:\Users\****\.afirma\ and screenshot of the error.

Please, to improve the treatment of your query, please forward it to us with the history of the same and failing that the number of the incident.

This citizen service provided by the FNMT-RCM cannot clarify doubts of a tax nature. If this is your case you will get the desired information at the address http://www.aeat.es/ or on the phone 901 335 533.

Receive a cordial greeting
Living my dream
6 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Finally renewed my certificate, so it CAN be done! Nothing was easy at any stage though, although Tamara’s info was invaluable. Anyone else getting stuck, this is a good place to seek advice….and it YOUR renewal goes smoothly, no hitches, immediately go and buy a lottery ticket! Now, to do my wife’s certificate……. Rolleyes
1 user says Thank You to gattaca66 for this post
Reply Quote
And thank you from me Tamara. It was the Autofirma that wasn't working with me when I was trying to send CAAF something. Will try this :-)
1 user says Thank You to Bill for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Second Year TIE Renewal BrianLeslie 43 4,269 23-03-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: DavidP
  Obtaining a Digital Certificate / Digital Signature TamaraEnLaPlaya 50 17,425 06-03-2024, 07:59 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Travel Certificate willie5094 9 3,186 12-07-2022, 10:24 AM
Last Post: willie5094
  Digital certificate 14yew 11 5,864 17-06-2021, 03:12 PM
Last Post: TrickyFox
  Empadron vía digital certificate gattaca66 3 6,118 15-10-2020, 03:18 PM
Last Post: McAdam