This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
licence spanish exchange uk driving

Exchange from UK to Spanish driving licence
(01-04-2019, 06:20 AM)TrickyFox Wrote: I applied on February 14th and had the confirmation e-mail the next day. Nada since then so maybe I should make an appointment.

You definitely should TF, it could only help to speed things up.
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
(01-04-2019, 06:20 AM)TrickyFox Wrote: I applied on February 14th and had the confirmation e-mail the next day. Nada since then so maybe I should make an appointment.

Yes, you are in exactly the same position as my wife and I were, and we both now have our temp licences after calling in. Make your appointment under the ‘Tramites de oficina’ heading, and you will get one inside a few days.
3 users say Thank You to gattaca66 for this post
Reply Quote
Hi Gattaca66

Just wondering ,  Have you received your Spanish licence yet. As we have been waiting since April.

I know you posted that you now had a temp paper licence back in March.

Thumbs Up Smile
2 users say Thank You to juliewatts6923 for this post
Reply Quote
Hi Julie, thanks for joining this forum, hopefully you will become a regular contributor. Good Q for Gatta - I'd like to know how he, and others, have got on as well.
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
I'm still waiting for mine. I got a letter last week to make an appointment at Trafico but I think that is just to surrender my UK licence, which they didn't take off me in February.
2 users say Thank You to TrickyFox for this post
Reply Quote
Hi TrickyFox

Thanks for getting back to me

Looks like we will have to wait a bit longer, if you have only.just got a reply.from Feb, we are two months behind you. We still have our uk driving licence as they did not take it off us.
Reply Quote
So went to Trafico to surrender my UK licence on Wednesday 3rd July. I took a friend who speaks Spanish but the chap I saw did speak good English. Got my provisional licence, which is good for 3 months I believe, and told to go back after 3rd August to pick up my new Spanish licence.
2 users say Thank You to TrickyFox for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks for your update Tricky fox

Hopefully our letter will arrive next month.
Wink Thumbs Up
Reply Quote
Like Tricky fox I had a chap who spoke perfect English (Right hand corner of Trafico)
Told to come back after one month, do not bother with cita previa just show the temp licence
to the security guard.
Re Medical there appear to be two test centres and possibly the one further down the hill is cheaper, cannot be sure of that as I am of vintage years but wanted an unlimited motorcycle licence plus car.  
Have to say this exercise was a walk in the park compared to other bureaucracies.
2 users say Thank You to DavidP for this post
Reply Quote
So, went to Trafico today to pick up my new Spanish driving licence. Should the security guard my provisional licence and after a few minutes wait (only the one guy working) the lady came back from a break, the guard pointed me in her direction and a minute later I had my new licence, valid for 5 years.
6 users say Thank You to TrickyFox for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Driving licence exchange willie5094 0 221 05-11-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: willie5094
  Driving Licence Fiasco Joy Division 48 7,807 12-04-2023, 03:17 PM
Last Post: gravi
  UK driving license petition tigga1958 0 2,309 29-05-2022, 09:06 AM
Last Post: tigga1958
  Renewing Spanish Driving Licence - over 65s TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 2,697 05-05-2022, 09:12 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Driving Licence Exchange tigga1958 4 3,830 29-12-2021, 06:28 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya