This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
toston cotillo faro museum

Faro del Toston Museum El Cotillo
We were at the Faro del Toston (El Cotillo Lighthouse) yesterday and the museum was open but not the cafe / coffee shop which is a great shame. 

I can't see why the lady sat there to to take the museum entry Money & twiddling her thumbs couldn't be trained to use the coffee machine and have a few packet of biscuits for sale  Sad Sad Sad and help make a bit more Money.

John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
4 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
You were lucky John we were there on Tuesday afternoon and it was closed completely.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
4 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
There yesterday with friends and spotted a new sign re building stone towers - 

3 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
I do not understand why people do this, 3/4 tears ago there were a lot of them along the road between The Costa Antigua roundabout and Antigua, and there was a bit of a hoo-ha about it then most of them have now collapsed but some remain, I repeat why on earth would you do something like that? if you need to construct something buy some Lego.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
5 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
Agree. If I remember correctly Pajara recently introduced a local ordinance that prohibs building stone towers, building stone shelters on the beach, or moving any stones around. Subject to enforcement with a fine.
2 users say Thank You to Archer for this post
Reply Quote
We haven't been to the lighthouse for a while and saw this new (to us) sign for the first time yesterday.

3 users say Thank You to MLA for this post
Reply Quote
Hi Martin - I posted this on Feb 3rd when we had visited - https://fuerteventura.click/Thread-Faro-...El-Cotillo
2 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks John, I thought that someone may have posted something.
2 users say Thank You to MLA for this post
Reply Quote
Merged both treads into one.
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The lighthouses of Tostón and Entallada TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 279 28-09-2023, 06:56 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Exhibition at Archaeological Museum Betancuria TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 643 07-06-2023, 07:44 PM
  Museum in Puerto Emmi Smith 15 9,625 10-03-2023, 07:41 PM
  Eco museum de La Alcogida TamaraEnLaPlaya 1 2,447 15-11-2022, 08:48 PM
  Archealogical Museum in Betancuria opens on 22 December 2020 Captain Sensible 5 3,008 21-07-2022, 08:21 PM