This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
international kite internacional festival cometas 2019

Festival Internacional de Cometas - International Kite Festival 2019
The XXXII Festival Internacional de Cometas (International Kite Festival) will take place on the 7th - 10th November 2019 according to Ayuntamiento de La Oliva. Hopefully there will be a full schedule soon. 

The festival began in 1987 thanks to the impulse of a group of people who are fans of kite flying.  In recent years the festival has been progressively consolidated, acquiring a wide impact, not only at the regional level, but also nationally and internationally.

Who is going this year?   Cool

I need a six month vacation twice a year Cool
5 users say Thank You to Mia for this post
Reply Quote
Great event, pics from last year in Fuerteventura  Kite Festival 2018 Photo Gallery. Only shame is they don't stretch the festival to one week or even longer. It's always lovely to see all the kites flying on the coast. I'm also expecting this year to see even more participants due to the early announcement.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Going again this year as loved it last year, I took my 2 string kite along and felt inferior with all the other kites around, so this year trying to source a quad stunt kite on the island for this year but with no success. Looks like getting one sent from UK my only option unless anyone knows of any kite shops on the island that I haven't found.
3 users say Thank You to willie5094 for this post
Reply Quote
(13-02-2019, 10:55 AM)willie5094 Wrote: Going again this year as loved it last year, I took my 2 string kite along and felt inferior with all the other kites around, so this year  trying to source a quad stunt  kite on the island for this year but with no success. Looks like getting one sent from UK my only option unless anyone knows of any kite shops on the island that I haven't found.

We're hoping to go this year again too Fingers Crossed
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
We visited in November a few years ago when I had my place in Correlejo, it was amazing to see the sizes and variety and colours of the kites. Normally we visit in October for my birthday but might change that this year
3 users say Thank You to Can the Man for this post
Reply Quote
The poster for the Kite Festival from 7-10 November 2019:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
(09-10-2019, 07:35 AM)Captain Sensible Wrote: The poster for the Kite Festival from 7-10 November 2019:

Thanks Captain, we will miss it this year as we are in South Africa. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
2 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
The City Council of La Oliva unveiled this morning the program of the 'XXXII International Kite Festival', which from November 7 to 10 will receive the two hundred committed from eight countries that will be in Fuerteventura to cross the majoreros skies with its striking creations.

In the presentation ceremony this morning were the mayor of La Oliva, Isaí Blanco, Marcelino Umpiérrez as Councilor for Tourism, the municipal area that organizes the festival, the commercial representatives of collaborating companies such as Fred Olsen and Naviera Armas, and four of the commissioners who started this festival back in 1987, Jacinto Rodríguez, Flora Santana, Angela Ricciardi and Claudio Azzali.

Marcelino Umpiérrez explained that "it is a pride to celebrate this Kite Festival again," inviting the public "to enjoy this wonderful show at the two scheduled locations, on Thursday, November 7 at La Concha Beach, in El Cotillo, and from Friday 8 to Sunday 10 at the Great Beaches of Corralejo ". In these four days, the festival is celebrated from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Isaí Blanco highlighted this festival that over the years "has become a saint and promotional sign of the municipality of La Oliva, Fuerteventura and the entire Canary Islands", because "the incredible images that are generated travel to all corners of the world, making us known as a tourist destination. "

What began as an amateur meeting in 1987, Marcelino Umpiérrez added, in these three decades "is already recognized as one of the most important international Events in Europe of its kind, and one of the most important in the world if we also consider the beauty of the locations that offer the Natural Park of Corralejo and the beaches of El Cotillo ".

The festival program will take place on each of the four days from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with permanent exhibitions of kites both acrobatic and static. Among the planned Events, the visits of some 300 schoolchildren are highlighted on Thursday, 7th in El Cotillo and on Friday, 8th on El Burro Beach, and entertainment activities for children in Corralejo both on Saturday and Sunday throughout the day . The traditional rokakus kite combat will be at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, and on Sunday 10, at 2:00 p.m., the closing ceremony and awards ceremony will take place.

450 kites, 85 large format

More than 200 participants from eight different countries, committed from Italy, France, Germany, Switzerland, England, Holland, Belgium and Spain, have confirmed their attendance at this 'XXXII International Kite Festival', held since 1987 and held It has become one of Fuerteventura's longest-running Events at all levels.

Among all of them, 450 comets will be hoisted over the skies of Corralejo and El Cotillo, 85 of them large format, the most spectacular and appreciated by the public.

International impact

Various international media have confirmed their presence to cover the present edition of the festival, including two German television shows, the Euromaxx program of the Deutchse Welle, and Life - Mensche, momente und geschisten, a popular Saturday program on the chain RTL The Condor airline will also include a photo report in its December pages, bringing the images of the festival to thousands of tourists.

The national media have also shown their interest in the event, and also regional as a new reality of Canary Television, whose protagonists will visit the festival.

The Oliva City Council, from the Department of Tourism, organizes this 'XXXII International Kite Festival' with the sponsorship and collaboration of entities such as Cicar, Fred Olsen and Naviera Armas, local businesses such as Via col Vento and New Territory, or The iMaGines study.

PROGRAM (attached bellow as a pdf file or a couple of posts up as a jpg)

XXXII International Kite Festival
From November 7 to 10, 2019 - 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Thursday day 7, at La Concha Beach (El Cotillo)
From Friday 8 to Sunday 10, at Playa del Burro (Dunes of Corralejo)

THURSDAY 7

10: 00H - 17: 00H / EXHIBITION OF FLIGHT OF ACROBATIC AND STATIC COMETS

FRIDAY, 8

10: 30H / INAUGURAL FLIGHT OF THE FESTIVAL
Opening of the flight with the creativity of Jacinto and Flora.

10: 30H - 12: 30H SCHOOL DAYS
Activity organized with the schoolchildren of the municipality.

10: 00H - 17: 00H EXHIBITION OF FLIGHT OF ACROBATIC AND STATIC COMETS
All this in charge of professional committees from different countries of Europe.

SATURDAY 9

10: 00H -17: 00H EXHIBITION OF COMETS OF VARIOUS FORMS AND COLORS

11: 30H-16: 30H ANIMATION FOR CHILDREN.

13: 00H FIGHT ROKAKUS COMETS.
Fight in the air between the participating kites, where the strongest will prevail.

SUNDAY 10

10: 00H-17: 00H CONTINUES THE EXHIBITION OF COMETS
The colorful and original kites will fly again over our Dunes landscape.

11: 30H-16: 30H ANIMATION FOR CHILDREN.

14: 00H CLOSURE OF THE XXXII INTERNATIONAL COMMITTEE FESTIVAL AND TROPHY DELIVERY.

Courtesy of www.laoliva.es.

Attached Files
.pdf   16_d6e3fdd1910040149.pdf (Size: 1.54 MB / Downloads: 266)
I Heart Fuerteventura
4 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote

Practice has started at La Concha.
4 users say Thank You to Bertie for this post
Reply Quote
(02-11-2019, 08:26 PM)Bertie Wrote: Practice has started at La Concha.

The car is looks familiar  Huh Big Grin

...Kite Festival 2018 photos
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fuerteventura Reggae Festival - rescheduled for 18th Nov in Lajares Captain Sensible 4 2,452 12-11-2022, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Joy Division
  XXXIV Festival Internacional de Cometas - International Kite Festival 2021 TamaraEnLaPlaya 1 1,939 12-11-2021, 01:17 AM
Last Post: Bertie
  XXXIII Festival Internacional de Cometas - International Kite Festival 2020 Captain Sensible 6 5,428 06-11-2020, 07:40 AM
Last Post: Bertie
  TRAN TRAN International Clown Festival 2020 Sam 5 4,132 21-08-2020, 10:18 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Paladea Festival Captain Sensible 10 7,178 27-02-2020, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Captain Sensible