This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
fuerteventura eternals filming

Filming of Eternals on Fuerteventura
Are there any signs RE: the unexploded bomb? I though the crew already moved from Ampuyenta to another location. Can't find any extra info in the local newspapers except this post @ NoticiasFuerteventura:

Quote:The members of the shooting team of Eternals have had to be evicted when the remains of an explosive device are found on the set, as published by the British tabloids and echo different websites and Twitter profiles around the world.

The Sun's digital editor, Simon Boyle, states that both Jolie and Richard Madden “were evacuated from a set after the discovery of an unexploded bomb. The surprised cast and crew were evacuated when removal experts were summoned. ”

The editor told how the panic spread rapidly during the filming of The Eternals and everyone was ordered to return to a safe distance.

According to the digital, a source on the set said that “Obviously it was scary: the bomb could have been there for decades without being touched, but who knows what could have happened if it had been disturbed. Some of the biggest stars in the world were on set and nobody took a chance. Fortunately, the experts took care of it. ”

At this time nobody knows for sure the origin of the explosive device, although the proximity of the shooting set with the area of the Pájara shooting range could explain the origin of the device.

On the other hand the British tabloids in a cinematic display, speculate saying that "the Nazis had a base on the island, and that it could be a bomb from that period."
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
As published by British media such as The Sun, Daily Mail, and Independent, among others, the shooting set of Eternals located in the municipality of Pájara would have had to be evacuated to find an old bomb without exploding.

Apparently the bomb, which could be from World War II, was found in the vicinity of the Pájara Shooting Range, where Marvel's filming crew had installed a set close to the place of discovery.

Thus, members of the shooting set would have had to be evacuated to allow bomb disposal experts to disassemble the device.

As can be read in The Sun, an informant has explained that the moment of the discovery was "scary" since although the bomb could have remained there for decades without exploding, "who knows what could have happened if it had been disturbed."

Courtesy of Radio Sintonia.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
(05-11-2019, 11:14 AM)Sam Wrote: ... the shooting set of Eternals located in the municipality of Pájara would have had to be evacuated to find an old bomb without exploding...

It looks like this wasn't the Ampuyenta site after all.
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
This one is at Playa Solapa & Garcey. It's right next to the Pajara firing range. We've found small shell cases and dummy rounds there before. Don't forget you are getting the gossip from The Sun Wink

They have multiple filmsets.
2 users say Thank You to Archer for this post
Reply Quote
Hey Guys,

I plan to rent a car tomorrow and try to visit the filming location.
Any ideas where I can find them?
Pajara? Beaches around? Maybe coordinates? Even if the crew evacuated, it would be nice to see the location Smile
2 users say Thank You to Nikita Ratkevich for this post
Reply Quote
Hello, 

They are filming on different Locations so it is difficult to know where they actually shot. 
The best Set you can visit is in Buen Paso. 

Good luck Smile
2 users say Thank You to WildandFree for this post
Reply Quote
(05-11-2019, 07:24 PM)Nikita Ratkevich Wrote: Hey Guys,

I plan to rent a car tomorrow and try to visit the filming location.
Any ideas where I can find them?
Pajara? Beaches around? Maybe coordinates? Even if the crew evacuated, it would be nice to see the location Smile

No-one can get near the fiming because of security, so it is not worth trying to get near to the sets.

My son's friend who is an extra, is picked up by organised transport and taken to the set because of the security check points.
2 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
(05-11-2019, 07:46 PM)WildandFree Wrote: ...The best Set you can visit is in Buen Paso. 

Good luck Smile

That's not a bad location. The roads near will be possibly closed but if you feel like hiking drive to the Mirador Las Peñitas and walk towards Buen Paso. Don't forget a bottle of water to stay hydrated.
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
We could get very close to the set. Maybe they don’t film anymore in Buen paso and that’s why. 

But sure when they film, you cannot access
2 users say Thank You to WildandFree for this post
Reply Quote
Thank you guys. I will try to hike there
2 users say Thank You to Nikita Ratkevich for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Marvel Studios’ Eternals filmed in Fuerte Official Teaser Mia 1 2,801 07-11-2021, 08:55 AM
Last Post: Sam