This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
celebrate day free plants environment

Free Plants to Celebrate World Environment Day
Collected my plants this morning, mainly what I'd ordered and a few I hadn't! Was offered more plants if I wanted them!

Couple of interesting things I saw while there:

Trees along the lane had beautiful growths of lichens on their trunks:

[Image: VX3SUea.jpg]

Several large birds of prey in the rehabilitation aviary:
[Image: DiHQkVh.jpg]
Living my dream
5 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Not really related but I didn't think this post was worthy of it's own thread so added it here!

I was sitting outside a bar in Tindaya having coffee yesterday ......... Wink

watching 3 large trees being planted in front of the children's play area. According to one of the old boys who was watching with me (we're easily entertained!) they came from near the old school in Villaverde. They'd obviously been well pruned before they arrived judging by the thickness of the trunks and branches but had what I consider to be very small root balls. The guys spent a lot of time getting them just so and watering but they put no stakes in to help them stay upright and no fencing to stop anyone leaning against them! With teh high winds due over the next few days I hope they stay upright! They are also very close to the telephone wires!

[Image: oK9ynVo.jpg] [Image: A6Rr2OJ.jpg]
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Does anybody know whether el Cabildo is going to distribute plants/trees this year?

I checked on their website but I couldn't yet see any relevant link (Solicitudes/Medioambiente).
1 user says Thank You to GMT for this post
Reply Quote
I haven't seen any information in the press about this year's allocation.
1 user says Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
I applied last year, as did several others. It was a different system due to COVID, you applied for an allocation by email and there was a draw. I didn't get picked, nor did anyone else I know. 

A few months back, I got an email to say that this year the plants would be allocated to those who did not get any last year. 

So, my best guess is, there will not be a general announcement this year, but if you didn't get any last year, watch out for an email. 

Tom.
2 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Plants - Tefia TamaraEnLaPlaya 8 3,492 13-09-2023, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Bill
  Preservation of the natural environment during the summe TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 577 19-07-2023, 07:26 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  World Environment, Oceans and Sea Turtle Day TamaraEnLaPlaya 1 761 04-06-2023, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Joy Division
  World Environment Day and World Ocean Day TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 1,455 03-06-2022, 08:56 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Day of the Tree - Free plants available from 19-23 Nov 2018 Captain Sensible 13 7,708 13-11-2019, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Captain Sensible