Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
residents spanish accounts free bank

Free Spanish Bank accounts for residents
I have an online openbank account with Santander espana.
Only one free debit card but absolutely no charges.
Downside , a lot of messages about nothing,
Upside is that you get a confirmatory message when you spend something very quickly within minutes of doing so. annoying at times but if your card is lost or stolen and you did not know!!
You need to be tax resident.

Resident check:- I think is the mis named 2 yearly Police check, which the bank will do automatically if you have not told them you are resident or your bank ID is only your passport number
2 users say Thank You to DavidP for this post
Reply Quote
(19-07-2020, 10:45 AM)DavidP Wrote: Resident check:- I think is the mis named 2 yearly police check, which the bank will do automatically if you have not told them you are resident or your bank ID is only your passport number

I agree it's the 2 yearly Police check but I opened the account after I was resident and using my NIE etc. They told me the check takes place to make sure you are still resident.
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
I opened an account with OpenBank at the beginning of this year. So far they have been fantastic, Santander but purely online which is much better.

I ditched Bankia who are just crooks in fancy offices. The whole time I was with them in almost 5 years I always had some sort of free account, but they always ended up getting some sort of fee from me by changing the rules. 
The last straw was when I had to pay Bankia €150 to get my Money out of the bank; They told me I could get a bankers draft same day and I decided I wasn't going to risk that the same day I purchased my apartment, so I went 4 days before at which point they said they needed all sorts of paperwork for Money laundering regulations (no mention of this when I directly asked them about it a week before), and finally after meeting all their ever changing demands and it getting to the morning of my notario meeting, they told me the computer was having problems and they couldnt get it to print the bankers draft (not even with the bank manger on the phone to Madrid), I even told them I would accept it hand written becase it is only a cheque after all..... no the 'Only' option was to pay them for a bank of Spain instant transfer, I was livid and very nice until I got my Money at which point I promptly closed my account...
4 users say Thank You to Lexeus for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does anyone know if Spanish bank cards have chargeback? beachlife 6 293 23-05-2020, 01:14 AM
Last Post: Spitfire58
  Starling Bank - another free Euro bank account Sam 14 2,815 01-11-2019, 08:59 PM
Last Post: Sam
  Bank cheque validity TrickyFox 3 812 02-07-2019, 02:20 PM
Last Post: TrickyFox