This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
gardening fuerteventura

Gardening in Fuerteventura
Possibly a sand wasp (Bembix) also know as a digging bee just for confusion

They do take nectar from flowers
Reply Quote
Has anyone had any success setting up a pond?  

We’ve been trying, but the poor quality of the tap water eventually kills plants and fish.  Is it possible to buy an additive here to neutralise the water?
Reply Quote
(21-11-2019, 02:27 PM)Tardis Wrote: Has anyone had any success setting up a pond?  

We’ve been trying, but the poor quality of the tap water eventually kills plants and fish.  Is it possible to buy an additive here to neutralise the water?

This blog could be useful: windmill-fuerteventura.com If it's the first time you're on the blog, make time and read their whole journey. Fascinating Wink
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
(21-11-2019, 04:15 PM)Sam Wrote:
(21-11-2019, 02:27 PM)Tardis Wrote: Has anyone had any success setting up a pond?  

This blog could be useful: windmill-fuerteventura.com If it's the first time you're on the blog, make time and read their whole journey. Fascinating  Wink

Thank you Sam.  It's very a interesting blog.
Reply Quote
We recently had a new generation of Monarchs emerging from chrysalises.

Within a day, they were mating and laying eggs.  One of them mistook a green moth for a leaf, and laid an egg on one of the moth’s wings!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Reply Quote
Congratulations Tardis! So late in the season too.

Great pics as always. Thanks.  Cool
Reply Quote
I have a pond which came with the house when bought, so I had no hand in setting it up. I have guppies in it and reeds and have no issues with it. It gets topped up with regular water and eight years on it is thriving.  Every so often when the  reeds  die off, I just cut them back and within a week or two lots of fresh green shoots appear. It is also in full sun for most of the day.
Reply Quote
[Image: 6e1lNeA.jpg] the shrubby poinsettia in my garden 12th November.

[Image: 3qYmg4M.jpg] [Image: FrjlKFu.jpg] and 18 days later.

Meanwhile my new milkweed has a different colour flower, plain orange rather than red and yellow.

[Image: 3ng7cEB.jpg] no sign of any butterfly eggs but I think it's probably a bit late in the season.
Living my dream
Reply Quote
The desert rose seed I planted nearly a year ago are growing, one far more so than the other!

[Image: CkYfU1N.jpg]
Living my dream
Reply Quote
Walking around my garden this afternoon I realised just how much is in bloom. Made me feel much better on a breezy, cold, showery day.

[Image: V5aiNh9.jpg] [Image: xkx2PxI.jpg] [Image: pYXmvhg.jpg]
[Image: QnulCox.jpg] [Image: pxt0h32.jpg] [Image: dCaeZOs.jpg]
[Image: Onw3o1g.jpg] [Image: f2uZZPJ.jpg] [Image: cBZB6vY.jpg]
[Image: sAXohuq.jpg] [Image: B55nfH7.jpg] [Image: cpWJDFl.jpg]
[Image: MKwjIPI.jpg] [Image: nMXKAqw.jpg] [Image: zDmxIXG.jpg]
[Image: O3pp3nz.jpg] [Image: SOKaN9w.jpg] [Image: z0YxSvV.jpg]
Living my dream
Reply Quote