This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
shower geminids meteor

Geminids meteor shower
The Geminids are considered to be one of the most spectacular meteor showers of the year, with the possibility of sighting around 120 meteors per hour at its peak, which is the night between Fri 14th and Sat 15th December.
The shower owes its name to the constellation Gemini because the meteors seem to emerge from this constellation in the sky. Geminids are caused by the object 3200 Phaethon, which is thought to be a Palladian asteroid with a "rock comet" orbit. This would make the Geminids, together with the Quadrantids, the only major meteor showers not originating from a comet. The meteors from this shower are slow moving and often appear yellowish in hue making them fairly easy to spot.

Nicely done video, unfortunately not from Fuerteventura:
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Anyone seen the showers yet? I've see already some mentions online, keep your eyes open Smile
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
Time and Date
I've seen a few Sam but not as many as I'd have hoped by now. I check this site every evening to make sure I'm facing in the right direction!
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winter Solstice 2018 Coincides With Both A Full Moon And Meteor Shower MLA 1 4,651 21-12-2018, 08:10 PM
Last Post: windermeregolfer