Hi , just a reminder of mandatory masks almost everywhere. Stay safe.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
squeaky haloumi aka cheese4

Haloumi aka squeaky cheese4
Hi does anyone know Where to buy haloumi cheese on the Island?
3 users say Thank You to Nemo4 for this post
Reply Quote
I was looking for it too, but I couldn't find any at the time. Try in Lidl.
I need a six month vacation twice a year Cool
2 users say Thank You to Mia for this post
Reply Quote
We've bought it in the past from the HiperDino in El Campanario in Corralejo.
3 users say Thank You to David Weightman for this post
Reply Quote
Tried Lidl in Puerto but nothing...will wait until there is a "Greek" themed offer, it is Mexican this week.  Going to Corralejo sometime this week so will try HiperDino.  Always seems you crave for the things you can't find!!
4 users say Thank You to Nemo4 for this post
Reply Quote
I am pretty positive Lidl have this all the time, but it is like the 'greek style' yogurt in that they can't call it by that name, so I think they call it grilling cheese or something like that... the real McCoy may be harder to find!
3 users say Thank You to Lexeus for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks for your reply...will try later on this week.
Reply Quote
(10-08-2020, 07:44 AM)Nemo4 Wrote: Thanks for your reply...will try later on this week.

I stopped by Lidl quickly yesterday and, not being much of a Haloumi eater myself, I may have jumped to conclusions on this one.

What I was thinking of was this smoked cheese made of 70% cows milk & 26% goats milk. Looks like a similar high saturated-fat style of cheese, but it isn't Haloumi Undecided
[Image: g5UKVb6.jpg][Image: HMLoXnG.jpg]
3 users say Thank You to Lexeus for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks very much for that Lexeus, can you tell me which Lidl store you went to?  Look forward to giving it a try!
Reply Quote
(14-08-2020, 07:46 AM)Nemo4 Wrote: Thanks very much for that Lexeus, can you tell me which Lidl store you went to?  Look forward to giving it a try!

I went to the new one in El Matorral next to Mercadona and just along from Ikea:
C/ Tacha Blanca, 21-23
35600 Antigua, ES

Frankly I find the original one in Puerto del Rosario is much better run though, the staff in the new one appear to be a mixture of the worst staff from the old one combined with new inexperienced people...

You should be able to find it in either I would hope Wink
1 user says Thank You to Lexeus for this post
Reply Quote
(15-08-2020, 02:29 AM)Lexeus Wrote: Frankly I find the original one in Puerto del Rosario is much better run though, 

You should be able to find it in either I would hope Wink

Totally agree with you Alex it is one of the worse run stores I have ever seen, we were there yesterday, it is usually impossible to shop the place, but for the first time there were no pallets on the shop floor or any of the wire baskets they use to collect cardboard blocking off Ailes.
Do not confuse my personality with my attitude my personality is down to me, but my attitude depends on you!
1 user says Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote