This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
sound bar smart connect tv samsung

How to connect a new Samsung smart TV to a Samsung sound bar
John, the Soundbar spec states '*Solo compatible con ciertos modelos de Samsung'.

The question to Electron must be, is this tv compatible? 

Are you using the mobil app, or remote to turn Bluetooth on, such that the tv can link.

I tend to agree, if the soundbar is directly below the tv, why use Bluetooth. Optical is good.
2 users say Thank You to Archer for this post
Reply Quote
(30-01-2019, 12:19 PM)Archer Wrote: ...Optical is good.

Optical cable is better than Bluetooth because the audio data are uncompressed. Honestly, I don't hear the difference, just theoretically the audio should be always better quality using optical cable rather than Bluetooth.
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Hi John,
Looking at both manuals it is not clear that you can connect the TV by Bluetooth. You can connect a device to the sound bar with Bluetooth but for the TV that depends on whether it is compatible & that is not clear. It only talks about optical. Sorry, can’t seem to find anything else
1 user says Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
(30-01-2019, 03:55 PM)Spitfire58 Wrote: Hi John,
Looking at both manuals it is not clear that you can connect the TV by Bluetooth. You can connect a device to the sound bar with Bluetooth but for the TV that depends on whether it is compatible & that is not clear. It only talks about optical. Sorry, can’t seem to find anything else

Hi Ron again thanks for the help, I am now convinced it is not Blue tooth compatible, not a great drama I will cable the Soundbar and connect the headphones to that, as you say it is not the greatest of manuals.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
1 user says Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
(30-01-2019, 04:13 PM)Johnrgby Wrote:
(30-01-2019, 03:55 PM)Spitfire58 Wrote: Hi John,

Hi Ron again thanks for the help, I am now convinced it is not Blue tooth compatible, not a great drama I will cable the Soundbar and connect the headphones to that, as you say it is not the greatest of manuals.

No problem John,
Do you mean connecting the headphones to the sound bar via Bluetooth ? If so, you won’t be able to do that. The SB can receive a signal from a Bluetooth device, ie, putting music through it from your phone or such but will not connect with headphones to my knowledge & I have tried it in the past
2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
Morning Ron

Yes that is what I mean,t, it looks as if I will have to use a set of cabled H/phones, again not really an issue.
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
Shocked 
Update on this saga, after finally being contacted by Samsung support, and being told this model was NOT  Bluetooth compatible I left it until this morning and then decided to connect it via a cable, switched the soundbar on and it connected automatically Rolleyes
5 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
Glad you got it sorted out John, even if not how you initially intended. ??
2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Smart TV and DNS service - advice needed!! Cotillo_Tom 8 6,776 23-09-2021, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Zapparocks