This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
residencia taxes pay have live resident

If you have residencia and live here do you a pay non resident taxes??
May seem like a silly question but we got our residencia in February so what tax to we pay?? Do we still do the non residents tax on the house??
2 users say Thank You to Warriors for this post
Reply Quote
Firstly no question is a silly question, if you live here no, but you will possibly become liable for Spanish Income tax, that, of course, depends upon your income.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
(12-11-2019, 09:19 AM)Johnrgby Wrote: Firstly no question is a silly question, if you live here no, but you will possibly become liable for Spanish Income tax, that, of course, depends upon your income.

Thanks John,  yes we live here and I have a part time job with contract so I suppose we now have to do another form of tax return 😕
3 users say Thank You to Warriors for this post
Reply Quote
I was told by someone recently that having “Residencia” was effectively just another form of Spanish paperwork. It has no effect or connection with state services/income tax etc in the U.K. also Residencia means you can change to a residents bank account (not the same kind of fees as non residents). The primary reason seemed to be that being recorded as a full time resident made you eligible for Spanish health care etc. Not sure how others will respond to this, just my info from what I was told.
My other thought on this is that if you have a contract you have no choice but to register for Spanish income tax.
3 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
If you are a Resident then you pay all taxes as a Resident.

If you are a non-Resident you pay all taxes as a non-Resident.

If you pay all your taxes as a Resident then basically you are a Resident.

Only Residents (aka full taxpayers) are entitled to those (state and other) benefits which apply only to Residents (aka full taxpayers). Common sense really. Follow the Money ....

Think that covers it.

The ONLY question to ask is “Are you a Resident ?” and everything else follows from the above. Based on you saying you live on the Island then you should be a Resident.

Don’t confuse being a Resident (aka full taxpayer) with applying to go on the Registro (often wrongly called Residencia). The former is essentially part way to becoming Spanish, the latter is a piece of paper.
3 users say Thank You to FVmouse for this post
Reply Quote
It is possible to be “resident” for tax purposes in more than one country. Tax treaties exist to then determine depending on the income source what you pay and where. Forums are great but better to take professional advice.
5 users say Thank You to Jason W for this post
Reply Quote
Hi everybody,

I am new here.  Sorry for my incredulity/. Plenty of interesting threads  I still had the time to read.  I have a question : in relation with those conversations, whart does mean "empatronado" ? I don't really understand owning/renting a dwelling. When are you considered as a resident/ etc etc  

Thanks in advance for your explanations
And Happy New Yea to all of you !!!
2 users say Thank You to Thorgal for this post
Reply Quote
(30-12-2019, 03:30 PM)Thorgal Wrote:  "empatronado" 

Hi Thorgal, welcome to the forum, and there is no need to apologise for asking a question "empatronado"  is not a word I recognise, if you mean " Empadron " that simply means registered, which you should do at the Townhall, that enables the ayumento in which you live to receive more Money from the Island  Government, the more residents the more they receive as it is correctly perceived it costs more to provide services for them.
We are resident and pay owners tax, the definition of living here is somewhat cloudy,but someone will come on and define it for you.
Once again welcome and A Happy New Year to you.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
4 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
Actually one whole section of the tax treaty does nothing but determine which country you're tax resident of. You are either resident of one or the other.

The fact you have to pay some taxes in a different country doesn't mean you're tax resident in that country. The whole point of non resident taxes is they're for non residents.
2 users say Thank You to Will for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non resident tax and IGIC tax keith edwards 1 186 30-03-2024, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Cotillo_Tom
  Non-resident tax - pay online? PaulWat57 2 1,113 06-07-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: PaulWat57
  Residencia Fiscal en Espana Convenio willie5094 16 6,760 20-06-2022, 02:47 PM
Last Post: willie5094
  How to get Residencia Fiscal en Espana Convenio TrickyFox 4 8,335 18-11-2021, 07:48 AM
Last Post: willie5094
  Applying for your Residencia: How To Cotillo_Tom 54 28,368 02-11-2020, 08:14 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya