This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
inside whole north emergency internet offer

Internet down in the whole north - emergency offer inside
This morning I was awakened by my frantic wife who couldn't join an important meeting. The internet wasn't working.
After going up the road to the local Movistar point I could see that it wasn't just me.

I called a few contacts, many people are offline.

First action: Go and Get Cash
Most card machines and cash machines use the most common local internet provider to do all their processing. If the internet is down so are they.

I went to Corralejo and almost all cash machines were out of service - except Santander.

On the way home I discovered that Mercadona can only accept card payments from certain banks(one of their providers (caxia I think) is online and thus can process some cards).

I managed to set up my backup internet system, and installed all kits at clients sites.

My Movistar Contact confirmes the internet is down in the whole north, and a fix is still being worked on with no ETA.

If anyone has an urgent need for internet, send me a PM and you are welcome to drop by. Please bring your own tea bags.

I will update this thread when I get an ETA on a fix, but I would expect minimum tomorrow, maximum 2 days.
The Local Friendly Tech and Media Guy << Link
Security Cameras, Smart Home Stuffs, Internet Thingies and Video Production Services
3 users say Thank You to McAdam for this post
Reply Quote
There is a temporary fix in process, connections should start to come back up over the next hour or so.
Let's see if it will be stable!
Security Cameras, Smart Home Stuffs, Internet Thingies and Video Production Services
2 users say Thank You to McAdam for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks for the update McAdam. Is this happening due to the Weather conditions or something unrelated?
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(24-02-2020, 03:02 PM)Sam Wrote: Thanks for the update McAdam. Is this happening due to the weather conditions or something unrelated?

As far as I know it is unrelated. Had it been due to the Weather we would have been without internet on saturday.
Reply Quote
I've had internet all day since 7.45am so it didn't affect the whole island.
2 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
Have internet and landline from Movistar in Cotillo but mobile coverage has been on and off all day and a very weak signal (1 bar of 5 only) when working. 

Tom.
3 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
(24-02-2020, 04:57 PM)Captain Sensible Wrote: I've had internet all day since 7.45am so it didn't affect the whole island.

You are in Caleta - correct?
It only affected the North (as writen in the title), confirmed in Corralejo, Lajares, La Oliva
Reply Quote
(24-02-2020, 05:39 PM)Cotillo_Tom Wrote: Have internet and landline from Movistar in Cotillo but mobile coverage has been on and off all day and a very weak signal (1 bar of 5 only) when working. 

Tom.

Interesting!
Seems like Cotillo had its own issues but different from the rest.
Should all be up and running now
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Starlink internet Bill 5 197 27-03-2024, 09:09 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Internet provider, not fibre. Cotillo_Tom 2 607 12-11-2023, 09:41 AM
Last Post: Grampiangranny
  internet access Si Tie 6 862 16-08-2023, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Grampiangranny
  Triquivijate internet options? Ducks 3 1,524 29-12-2022, 01:32 PM
Last Post: windermeregolfer