This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
than 1mbps drops internet speed less evening

Internet speed drops to less than 1mbps in the evening
We are having an odd problem, we use Internet Services / Rural Internet, and to be honest, up until now it is the best of all the ones we have tried, but over the last 2/3 weeks we are having the following issue it works absolutely fine all day we get anything between 8/12 Mbps, then at around 20:15 - 20:45 the speed drops to less than 1mbps, it sometimes lasts for 20/25 mins but has of late lasted all evening, is anyone using Net services experiencing the same thing or has experienced it in the past? alternatively has anyone any idea what could cause it?
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
1 user says Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
I would blame all the extra smart TV's people got for the Christmas break. Streaming is killing the internet for everyone around the island.
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
We have Movistar's 4G service and we are experiencing similar problems some evenings.
Living my dream
1 user says Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Over the last week or so we have experienced similar problems with Fuerte WiFi.
The speed drops dramatically and the server normally used, Wi Fi Canarias, is not available and so servers from Maroc Telecom, SC De Tenerife, La Orotava come up.
But it always comes back ok as you say by 21.00. Been ok the last few days.
Will ask next time I renew my account.
1 user says Thank You to MB30 for this post
Reply Quote
Just arrived last night. Renewed ours for the month at 46€ as I usually do (it gives approx 10 to 15mbts) but TV was v poor this time. Speed test was still saying approx 8mgbt at 9pm but most channels were freezing  Sad Sad
1 user says Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
(20-01-2019, 05:22 PM)Spitfire58 Wrote: Just arrived last night. Renewed ours for the month at 46€ as I usually do (it gives approx 10 to 15mbts) but TV was v poor this time. Speed test was still saying approx 8mgbt at 9pm but most channels were freezing  Sad Sad

Hi Ron, and welcome back could not get more than 2Mpbs last night, but it was an improvement on the previous evening,  we will see how we go tonight before I speak with them in the morning,  we are getting 12Mbs at this moment, but my 20:00 it will probably be down to 500Kbps
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
Ours went off around 8pm Sunday evening, just as I was watching the Snooker final. Came back after 20 minutes or so, just in time to see Ronnie beaten  Sad
Living my dream
1 user says Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Orange 4g went off tonight at 20:20 for about 30mins. Vodafone 4g was fine.
1 user says Thank You to Archer for this post
Reply Quote
Movistar 4G went off tonight about 8.20pm as well, a reboot of the router brought it straight back though.
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks Tamara. I'll give that a go next time and see if it comes back online a bit quicker. Bit annoying when you are halfway through watching something.
1 user says Thank You to Archer for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Starlink internet Bill 7 392 31-03-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: Bill
  Internet provider, not fibre. Cotillo_Tom 2 637 12-11-2023, 09:41 AM
Last Post: Grampiangranny
  internet access Si Tie 6 913 16-08-2023, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Grampiangranny
  Triquivijate internet options? Ducks 3 1,590 29-12-2022, 01:32 PM
Last Post: windermeregolfer