This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
ev hire vehicle possible phev electric hybrid

Is it possible to hire an EV or a PHEV?
No worries I was just a thought.
2 users say Thank You to Rasputin for this post
Reply Quote
(19-02-2019, 02:24 PM)Rasputin Wrote: No worries I was just a thought.

Honestly, I'm interested in using at least hybrid car to drive in Fuerteventura too; just never found the time to ask.

Would even pay more for the privilege to drive an electric car for a few days on the island, just to try it out. I'm sure I'm not the only one and there's a market for it. They just have to see some interest from the customers, I guess.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
The last electric car I saw in Fuerteventura was on the end of a towrope. Looked like being towed back to PR.

I did see a 'Gas Licuida' car today. It had a Cicar sticker on the back.
2 users say Thank You to Archer for this post
Reply Quote
Some extra replies RE Electric car rental:

Cabrera Medina
Quote:We are afraid to inform you that we do not have Electric or Hybrid cars.

Autoreisen
Quote:At this moment we do not have any Electric or Hybrid cars. We do not discard it for the future.

The whole email from Payless
Quote:BUENAS TARDES

NO TENEMOS

GRACIAS
... they simply don't have any; not really fancy of the capitals at all.
On the other hand, this is the first reply I've ever managed to get from Payless. My previous two emails (regarding something else) got possibly lost in the internet/timeline void.

TopCar

Quote:For now we do not have Electric or Hybrid cars.

Still waiting for a couple more replies (Orlando and Avis) but I've already lost hope. It looks like we'll have to wait a bit longer to be able to hire electric cars at the airport.

...unless some smaller (resort) car hire companies do them. Huh
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(20-02-2019, 12:06 PM)Sam Wrote: ...
Still waiting for a couple more replies (Orlando and Avis) but I've already lost hope. It looks like we'll have to wait a bit longer to be able to hire electric cars at the airport...

Had a negative reply from Avis regards any electric vehicle and no reply at all from Orlando.

To reply to the OP: Currently not possible to hire and electric car on the island, sorry. Let's try this again in a couple of years, hope the replies will be a bit more positive by then.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(17-02-2019, 10:52 AM)Rasputin Wrote: Is it possible to hire an EV or a PHEV or even a standard Hybrid from any of the reputable car hire people?

Spotted in Caleta today. First electric (hybrid) hired car with a Cicar sticker on I've ever seen on the island.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I Heart Fuerteventura
4 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Another Hybrid spotted in the wild today. This one's from Payless stables.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Car hire prices Si Tie 13 6,140 31-03-2023, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Volcano
  sorry car hire question Si Tie 8 4,242 27-09-2022, 10:28 PM
Last Post: Cotillo_Tom
  Daily van hire Fuerteventura AndreDavies747 10 4,437 21-05-2022, 07:34 AM
Last Post: Johnrgby