This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
locativo speed camera

Locativo of a speed camera
Most of us are aware that as you drive Caleta to PDR there is a speed check zone at the bottom of the slope after you pass the Airport, but I have never been able to see it and thought it did n,o actually exist, I never have my Sat Nav switched on, but today I did, and it picked it up about 200 metres after you pass the exit for Playa Blanca, in the central reservation there is what appears to be a rusty box about a metre and a half high, that is it, as soon as I passed it the warning signal went off.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
This is the bad boy, checking the speed of cars driving to the capital

28.474535, -13.868500

...and here his twin brother, looking the opposite direction:

28.480773, -13.868743
I Heart Fuerteventura
5 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
That's them Sam, they look fairly innocuous, but.
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
and they work  Cry
Living my dream
4 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Yep that's them ok I have been aware of them for 3 or 4 years as someone kindly pointed them out to me.

In mainland Spain they are fairly similar in looks and my Sat Nav. indicated them ok but in France no such warnings they are banned.
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
3 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
Just a heads up people as you head to Antigua from the Costa Antigua r/about on the FV 413 just as you approach the 60 KPH zone. there are speed camera signs I could not see any evidence of cameras as yet but the signs are there, and they were not there Friday afternoon! so go steady.
9 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Urban Speed Limits from 11/5/21 Captain Sensible 4 4,315 30-03-2022, 09:12 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  30 km/h speed limit on way for all towns and urban areas TamaraEnLaPlaya 2 4,201 23-11-2020, 01:33 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya