This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mercadona Extension at the Costa Antigua site
Mercadona supermarkets have submitted an application to extend their supermarket on the Costa de Antigua Industrial estate from 1,500 square metres to 2,014 square metres.

https://www.diariodefuerteventura.com/no...MaCw_Bar8c
2 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
Where are they going to extend? if on to the ground level carpark that will make parking on that estate even more of an issue  Sad Sad
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
2 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
Bigger Mercadona, new Lidl, two Chinese shops, bigger IKEA... Gonna need more parking spaces soon. Huh Although, still great news!
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
(21-12-2018, 09:10 AM)Sam Wrote: Bigger Mercadona, new Lidl, two Chinese shops, bigger IKEA... Gonna need more parking spaces soon. Huh Although, still great news!

That all sounds great. When & if it all happens !!
1 user says Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
That must equate to most of the ground level car park, and in my experience, they will want to keep it as cuboid as possible meaning they would have to extend over the entrance to the underground car park? very strange, are the plans available online? to be honest, we are becoming, less and less enamoured with Mercadonna, some of the changes there recently have been laughable, the ridiculous situation where the blocked of the entrance nearest the door meaning you had to walk behind all the checkouts to access the store itself was sheer stupidity, Ok they have corrected it now by blocking of the far end, and I can see what they were trying to achieve. IE. not having to man both the end checkouts just for security purposes, but still idiotic, and showing no clue about customer care, the fresh meat counter or lack of one?, granted we never buy fresh meat from Mercadona, but a lot of people used to, but if you walk down that aisle now it is very quiet, and check out how full the prepacked displays always are, a sure sign that businees is slow in that area. { End of Rant } Smile
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
1 user says Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
Maybe Mercadona and Lidl are competing for the SAME empty plot next door?
1 user says Thank You to Archer for this post
Reply Quote
That is eminently possible, but maybe only to stop Lidl opening there, as they certainly do not need any more space, it is not exactly bursting at the seams with customers presently.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
1 user says Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
I must be going at the complete wrong times (usually around 1pm on a weekday), because it's always jammed when I'm there! Would welcome a larger site with more selection, but that's easy for me to say since we don't have to worry about parking.

As to the meat issue— funny, we were just joking the other day about how every time we go, there always seems to be large families having arguments in the pre-packed meat aisle! We literally could not get the trolley though last week, but put it down to the Christmas thing.

(Still vastly preferable to being at home!)
1 user says Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
(21-12-2018, 05:38 PM)Ducks Wrote: I must be going at the complete wrong times (usually around 1pm on a weekday), because it's always jammed when I'm there! 

That is why it is always jammed all the locals on their way home who have  finished at 1pm for siesta, go at 3.30pm deserted   Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
3 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
If Lidl have advertised their new location they will have bought the site already. We have worked with them in the U.K. for years & they are always buying up potential expansion sites, same as most other supermarkets.
1 user says Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mercadona hiring staff TamaraEnLaPlaya 1 837 01-02-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Mercadona opening hours Dec 23 & Jan 24 TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 265 27-11-2023, 08:33 PM
  Mercadona particpating in Food Collection TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 179 23-11-2023, 08:02 PM
  Mercadona - citrus fruit TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 361 21-08-2023, 10:49 PM
  Mercadona in Corralejo TamaraEnLaPlaya 57 24,888 11-07-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Cotillo_Tom