This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
transferwise transfer money speed

Money Transfer Speed - TransferWise
Just thought I'd mention, yesterday we transferred some Money to Fuerte from our UK bank using TransferWise. Seven seconds after I had pressed send, from my online Banking app, I had a message from TransferWise saying the Money was in my bank. I checked, and yes it was there. I remember just a few years ago, it used to take days for Money to reach our Spanish account. How things have changed!
4 users say Thank You to MLA for this post
Reply Quote
MLA I take it that’s transferring sterling to a euro account using a service that’s very good. Do they charge much for the service ?

I transferred Money from my account at home in Ireland to my bank in Caleta, it took 2 days only.
1 user says Thank You to Can the Man for this post
Reply Quote
I used TransferWise over a UK Holiday weekend in May and it was in our Caleta account the same day.

CTM it depends on what you call a charge TransferWise and OFX (formally UK Forex) give you an exchange rate that includes the fee and I have found they are both very competitive.
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
3 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
Morning Can

Yes, Sterling to Euro

500.00 GBP minus £2.10 fee

497.90 GBP  @ exchange rate of  1 GBP = 1.11514 EUR

Total received:
555.23 EUR
3 users say Thank You to MLA for this post
Reply Quote
I have used Transferwise for nearly 4 years, longest it has ever taken is 3 hours, normally within the hour, and occasionally less than a minute.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
I'm another fan of Transferwise.  Good reliable speedy service with reasonable exchange rates and very low charges. (yes, you can the better, say 0.001 extra, but always check out the charges first!!).

Tom.
3 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
We're using Revolut and everything is instant too. It looks like even the banks realised that millennials aren't going to stick around if it takes longer than a couple of seconds.

One of the reasons why we closed our Sabadell bank account and do all our Banking in Fuerteventura, using the Revolut app. Lightning fast, no fees for the basic account.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
I have also used Revolut for all our cash/card transactions for the last couple of years & found it to be good. However, the last couple of trips I noticed all (or at least any I came across) bank machines are now charging for cash withdrawals. So this time I am trying a transfer (via TransferWise) to our Spanish account (Caixiabank) for cash withdrawals (will actually use Caixiabank machines so hopefully no charges) & Revolut for all card transactions (I still like the easy transfers from U.K. account on the App). Does anyone know if it is possible to set up DD’s on the Revolut card to pay Spanish charges (IBI etc) ??
2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
(07-07-2019, 10:44 AM)Spitfire58 Wrote: ... bank machines are now charging for cash withdrawals...

How big issue it actually is? We usually carry some Euros on us but most of the times using Revolut to pay.

(07-07-2019, 10:44 AM)Spitfire58 Wrote: ... Does anyone know if it is possible to set up DD’s on the Revolut card to pay Spanish charges (IBI etc) ??

It is possible in euro zone since last year. BUT! We've tried to set Direct Debit at the tourist office / Ayuntamiento de Antigua in Caleta and the gentleman said they can't set the payment from a "REVO" account in their system but it'll be possible once they set up the new system. That was back in April. Not sure if something has changed but I wouldn't count on it. Let's give them another year or two 🤔😂

Standing orders to pay the maintenance worked a treat. Also, getting a notification and email with every single payment going out is a big bonus to keep on top of our Fuerte finances.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Sent some euros using Transferwise at 3pm. Still says 'in progress' and that it will happen in 3 days.
Why does mine take so long? Are there different options?
2 users say Thank You to Archer for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alternatives To Wise For Moving Money Tardis 9 999 06-01-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Will
  Money Transfer FUE - UK GeoffFuerte 16 6,061 15-04-2022, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Bill
  Moving money into Euros FVmouse 4 4,285 28-08-2020, 06:54 PM
Last Post: F1refly999
  Money transfer Si Tie 21 11,597 18-05-2019, 09:35 AM
Last Post: windermeregolfer