This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Poll: Should the "New" icon be located at:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
RIGHT Hand Side - as it's now everywhere, except the Gallery
80.00%
8 80.00%
LEFT Hand Side - as currently in the Gallery ONLY
0%
0 0%
It doesn't matter at all
20.00%
2 20.00%
What "New" icon??
0%
0 0%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"New" marker position on threads
Sam, can you explain why the orange "New" icon appears at the end of most (if not all) topic titles  EXCEPT in the General Photos section where it appears at the start of the title?

Personally I think it makes sense to put it at the start, separating it from the multiple page selection icon at the end

EDIT: Added the poll, Sam.
2 users say Thank You to hairybiker for this post
Reply Quote
To me, it always felt better at the end of the title. We all are reading text, pictures, websites, from left to the right. Having the icon after the title makes me to click on it much more often than go back to the left.

Gallery is different part of the forum and sort of my testing ground as I wasn't 100% convinced about the left/right positioning idea. Now, almost two years later, could be a good time to revisit, thanks for bringing it up.

I'll be more than happy to make it uniform and move all icons to the left or right once I'll have a bit of time. The only issue is, to get it the way, most users will appreciate.
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
I had wondered why there was an odd NEW on the left

My vote is for it to stay where it is on the right, got used to it there in my old age 😊😊
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
2 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
I would agree, as you say I'm used to it where it is.  Thumbs Up
Life is short.....Be kind to one another  Smile
3 users say Thank You to classic for this post
Reply Quote
I agree with the RHS, however in the interest of fairness why not set up a simple poll and let users vote on it.
2 users say Thank You to Can the Man for this post
Reply Quote
I thought about it today whilst using mobile and laptop.

On my mobile I think it would be quite good on LHS, but without trying it .....?
On my laptop, definitely the RHS.

Can we have both?

If we can only have one side I vote RHS please. We have got the filled Radio Button on the left side to give us a clue!
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
(13-09-2020, 08:36 PM)Can the Man Wrote: I agree with the RHS, however in the interest of fairness why not set up a simple poll and let users vote on it.

Great idea! Added a poll to the OP. Go UP 👆👆👆
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
Thanks Sam, I’ve cast my vote 👍🏼
1 user says Thank You to Can the Man for this post
Reply Quote
(14-09-2020, 10:48 PM)Can the Man Wrote: Thanks Sam, I’ve cast my vote 👍🏼

Thanks Can! Currently it looks like most of our members prefer the icon where it is. Will leave the poll running for a while, to get as many votes as possible and keep it fair.
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote