This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
international more flights

No more international flights
(07-04-2020, 05:02 PM)Will Wrote:
(07-04-2020, 04:45 PM)beachlife Wrote: Today have taken a gamble as know RA may pull flights in May but booked with RA for 12th May if they pull it I`m giving up & just going to rebook with RA for any future date they can give me.

They've already announced that the planes are grounded until at least June. 

I wouldn't even think about flights until the hotels are allowed to open.

https://www.ryanair.com/content/dam/ryanair/help-centre-pdfs/ryanair-group-letters/RYANAIR%20GROUP%20LETTER%2024.03.2020.pdf

I quote "  We do not expect to operate fllghts during the months of April and May at this time, but this will clearly depend upon Government advice, and we will in all cases comply with these instructions." Unquote.

O`Leary actually said he expects not to fly in April & May but he didn`t as far as I understand rule out May. Jet2 certainly announced no flights till 17th June. Have you got a link to RA saying they have actually now cancelled all flights for May?
2 users say Thank You to beachlife for this post
Reply Quote
It looks like RA are still taking bookings for late May.

Good Luck
2 users say Thank You to MLA for this post
Reply Quote
I know we are still here on Fuerteventura due to ferry to mainland classed as non essential travel, happy to be here rather than the UK.

I checked my Ryan Air App yesterday and our June flight from Manchester to FUE is still active and no comment about possible changes, so will be watching carefully for what happens.
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
2 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
I would think it’s the control of Corvid19 in the country of origin that will determine if you fly or not.
3 users say Thank You to Rasputin for this post
Reply Quote
We have flights out booked for May 3rd, been booked since before Christmas. No change in info as to whether these are still on even though their fleet is grounded & say no flights for April & May. Absolutely ridiculous that they are still showing available flights & in theory allowing people to book. Shocking response from this company but not surprising TBH
3 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
They're canceling in blocks. The cancellations are going faster than the website can keep. This morning the travel update page only lets you check for flights up to the 18th of April but they've canceled more than that.

I'm not sure what people expect. They've told us no flights until at least June. The only advantage them telling us sooner is waiting longer in line for the refund. At least Ryanair is providing refunds. Unlike many of the others.
2 users say Thank You to Will for this post
Reply Quote
(08-04-2020, 09:26 AM)Will Wrote: ...At least Ryanair is providing refunds. Unlike many of the others.

Can confirm. Frustrated EasyJet customer Sad
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
We had our outbound Ryanair flight cancelled on Monday for outbound leg from Dublin to Fuerteventura.I have requested refund but Ryanair gives no timeline for refunds . I would have rescheduled for Oct dates but ,although Ryanair don’t charge for flight amendments up to end April, they were charging for hold baggage move @ 15 euro a bag. 

I still have a valid return booking from Fuerte to Dublin for 16th May for 2 that hasn’t been cancelled yet .
2 users say Thank You to Derry for this post
Reply Quote
Didn't the webpage mentioned how long? When I did the first leg it mentioned up to five weeks. 

They sent me an email about changing my return today. They offered to let me change it to between June 1st and August 31st but not to later in May.
2 users say Thank You to Will for this post
Reply Quote
I got an email from RA today about moving our return from Fuerte to Edinburgh on 14th May but nothing about the going out leg on 3rd. May, they were booked as both single flights though 🤔🤔🤔
1 user says Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote