This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIU Tres Islas - All-Inclusive option
It appears that, from next summer, the Tres Islas is offering an all-inclusive option.

TUI, who I believe, now own the hotel are charging £22.32 pppn when booking a holiday. They are offering "Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner. Selected local-brand alcohol, soft drinks, tea and coffee. Snacks at set times"

If you book direct with the hotel, you also have the AI option (I can not find details of the website), but the cost is around £20 pppn (prices vary depending on currency fluctuations at the time you look/book)

So TUI are charging 10% for booking with them!!

I shall be asking for more details when I am in the the hotel at the end of this month, and will pass on anything I find out.

I also note that the price for 2 weeks at the start of June has dropped by £80 (again due the currency flucuations) so it's will be worth changing my booking to AI and getting the £80 back

p.s. every time I write "currency fluctuations" I think about the Chinese gentleman who when enquiring why the exchange rate he was being offered today was worse than yesterday, was told it was due to curency fluctuations.  To which his response was "And fluck you Europeans too!!".

Admin : Feel free to edit out the last para if you need to.

p.p.s Can we have a Jokes section?.  The other forum seems to have completely lost its sense of humour. No jokes posted simce 20 April
1 user says Thank You to hairybiker for this post
Reply Quote
Update.

Having just come back from the Tres Islas and having interrogated management as much as possible (Oh, for a rubber hose) it seems that:

1. A buffet lunch will be served in the main dining room for AI gueats.  Half-board guests will still have the option of lunch/snacks at the pool bars and the lunch restaurant. I also assume that this will also be avaible to AI guests but would then be chargeable

2. Coffee and cake (served in the afternnon) is included in the AI offer.  I don't know if they will be including any form of "elevenses"

3. Dinner will now be in one sitting from 1830 for all guests, not two sittings with one at 1830 and one at 2030 (summer timetable) as at present.  This change may also not be a result of the AI offer

4. Dinner tables will no longer be allocated. It'll be a "free for all" as it is at breakfast. This change may not be a result of the AI offer

5 There will be separate wine list of AI wines at mealtimes.  I assume that wines on the main list will still be available to AI guetes, but at additional charge which I also assume will be at list price.

6. The safe key charge (currebtly 22 euros a week) is NOT included in the AI offering

7. I was not able to find out if the Krystal restaurant (currently free to half board guests) will be avaiable to AI guests.  I tried the Krystal again this time and was not impressed by the food.

My suspicion is that these changes have been imposed from RIU Central/TUI and are not seen as "A good thing" by the local management.  Nor are they seen favourably by the existing clientele.

From my discussions with management, it appears that the above is what they know now, but things may change, for better or worse
4 users say Thank You to hairybiker for this post
Reply Quote
Further update

I've had an mass mail-out email yesterday from RIU basically recognising that they wouldn't be seeing me in June and offering a re-booking (with 1000 bonus RIU Class points) or cancellation.

As I had opted to pay a week before arrival, I have cancelled to booking

Funnily enough, I had sent them an email earlier in the day asking to cancel anyway

Still waiting for "the call" from Jet2
4 users say Thank You to hairybiker for this post
Reply Quote