This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
recycling bottle tops

Recycling bottle tops.
Did you know that plastic bottle tops are normally made from a different type of plastic (#2 or #5) than the bottle itself (#1) and can be recycled separately, often raising Money for charity in the process? Check other 'tops' to see if they are type #2 or #5 - I've just found virtually all containers in my laundry and cleaning cupboard have tops that fit the bill.

In Fuerteventura funds raised in this way go to support a Mental Health association. This collection point is opposite the exit of Electron's carpark in Puerto. There is one in the main street in Corralejo and I'm sure there will be others around. Please add to this post if you know where one is situated.

[Image: Fe5tPga.jpg]
Living my dream
6 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
There is one in the middle of the pedestrian street in Puerto (Calle Primero de Mayo)
Around about where the “Singer” shop is 🙂
4 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
(08-06-2019, 12:11 AM)Spitfire58 Wrote: There is one in the middle of the pedestrian street in Puerto (Calle Primero de Mayo)

The only one we know about. Also, completely full, most of the times we walked past.
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(08-06-2019, 06:47 AM)Sam Wrote:
(08-06-2019, 12:11 AM)Spitfire58 Wrote: There is one in the middle of the pedestrian street in Puerto (Calle Primero de Mayo)

The only one we know about. Also, completely full, most of the times we walked past.

That's the one I always use.
3 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
(08-06-2019, 06:49 AM)Captain Sensible Wrote:
(08-06-2019, 06:47 AM)Sam Wrote:

That's the one I always use.

Thought you only had corks Captain  Wink
Quam bene vivas refert non quam diu  Heart
2 users say Thank You to Villan for this post
Reply Quote
(07-06-2019, 10:51 PM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: ... This collection point is opposite the exit of Electron's carpark in Puerto...

Just saw the one in Puerto, wanted to share the photo. Hope it'll help to fill it a bit sooner.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
Came across one collection point in Caleta:

and one in Costa Antiqua:

I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
They are new ones in the Antigua municipality. There's another one in Caleta up the hill opposite the Perro Loco bar.
3 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New opening hours for Clean Points/Recycling centres TamaraEnLaPlaya 1 498 04-03-2024, 09:35 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Commercial cardboard recycling TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 320 30-11-2023, 09:21 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  New Recycling Containers TamaraEnLaPlaya 4 1,066 16-03-2023, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Johnrgby
  Punto Limpio's (Recycling Centers) are re-opening Captain Sensible 0 2,319 14-05-2020, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Captain Sensible
  Beach goods recycling scheme Corralejo TamaraEnLaPlaya 1 2,456 29-01-2020, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Sam