This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
card use fuerteventura possibly revolut best

Revolut - possibly the best card to use in Fuerteventura
(30-10-2019, 02:01 PM)Sam Wrote: Just had a reply from Ayuntamiento de Antigua, trying to set a DD, using Revolut.

Quote:Buenos días, lo siento, pero de momento no podemos domiciliar cuentas que no sean españolas.
Disculpe las molestias,
Reciba un cordial saludo

It looks like they still accept only Spanish accounts. Let's wait another few months. I'm still pretty optimistic about it.

Hi Sam, was there any update to this Direct Debit issue? I think I checked this whole thread but I couldn't see anything.

I am interested because I have been using online bank accounts like Revolut for a long time, but I still opened a Spanish bank account because as I understand it you are legally required to hold a Spanish bank account to pay government debts, i.e. IBI, IRPF, ITP etc

I can't remember where I read it, but I was quite sure it was the case so I would be interested to hear if it has changed. I remember thinking at the time that it sounded like another Spanish 'Law' that was ready to be challenged in the EU courts, because an EU bank account should be universal.... Wink
2 users say Thank You to Lexeus for this post
Reply Quote
(13-07-2020, 11:58 AM)Lexeus Wrote:
(30-10-2019, 02:01 PM)Sam Wrote: Just had a reply from Ayuntamiento de Antigua, trying to set a DD, using Revolut.

Quote:Buenos días, lo siento, pero de momento no podemos domiciliar cuentas que no sean españolas.
Disculpe las molestias,
Reciba un cordial saludo

It looks like they still accept only Spanish accounts. Let's wait another few months. I'm still pretty optimistic about it.

Hi Sam, was there any update to this Direct Debit issue? I think I checked this whole thread but I couldn't see anything.

I am interested because I have been using online bank accounts like Revolut for a long time, but I still opened a Spanish bank account because as I understand it you are legally required to hold a Spanish bank account to pay government debts, i.e. IBI, IRPF, ITP etc

I can't remember where I read it, but I was quite sure it was the case so I would be interested to hear if it has changed. I remember thinking at the time that it sounded like another Spanish 'Law' that was ready to be challenged in the EU courts, because an EU bank account should be universal.... Wink

Direct debits are working on Euro accounts, at least that's what does Revolut say. The issue (in our case) is Antigua Ayuntamiento and their old system. They simply can't accept a DD from non Spanish account. Apparently the new system should be able to handle it. So I guess, DD to Oliva Ayuntamiento should work, as they are running the new system for quite some time. Not sure about the rest of the island. We have electric and water bills including the maintenance charges so didn't try anything else.

If you're having trouble with the DD's, contact the (in app) help chat. They're quite helpful.

As for the "Law", that I never heard of - If Spanish government will cover the bank account fees, I'll be more than happy to reopen the one we had with Sabadell. Once we'll move to the island, we'll might reconsider because there's quite a few fee free options for residents. Until that time, if the Spanish government decides to freeze our Money, they will have to contact the UK government and explain the situation.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Just received an email about Instant EUR transfers:

Quote:We’ve got great news: we’ve introduced instant EUR transfers!

If you’re sending or receiving a EUR transfer from your Revolut account to an external bank within Europe, which also supports instant EUR transfers, the money will arrive within seconds.

You can find out here if a bank supports instant EUR transfers.

In keeping with our commitment to cut fees wherever possible, this payment method will be free to you.

How to make a transfer 📲

Make sure you have the latest version of the app
Tap on the Payments tab
Tap on ‘Bank transfer’
Choose an existing beneficiary or create a new one
Hit ‘Send’
Type in the amount
Hit ‘Send’
Check the ETA
Enjoy the buzz of instant payments ⚡

How to find your IBAN if you want receive a transfer 📲

Go to your EUR pocket
Click on the European flag

As always, if you have any issues while making a transfer, please check our FAQs or get in touch with us via our in-app chat support.
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
Thanks - just checked a transfer made to Sabadell an hour ago and yes , seems instant.
2 users say Thank You to Jason W for this post
Reply Quote
(07-08-2020, 03:44 PM)Jason W Wrote: Thanks - just checked a transfer made to Sabadell an hour ago and yes , seems instant.

Great to known. Thanks for the feedback 💶⚡👍
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rebellion Pay - prepaid card Sam 2 4,126 16-07-2020, 02:47 PM
Last Post: Sam
  N26 - another card option for Fuerteventura? GMT 11 7,028 16-07-2020, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Sam