This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
rental contract checking rumoured by army

Rumoured rental contract checking by army?
Please note, this is an unconfirmed rumour and I have no proof that it is happening. 

I am instead asking if anyone has heard anything about this, nothing more. I don't want to start a panic.

We just heard from the neighbours that the army are going door to door to check if people have long term rental contracts, or are staying on a holiday let basis. Presumably they are trying to identify all tourists, and encouraging them to leave. 

Has anyone else heard of this? Does anyone have any more information? What about long-term owner occupiers who are not permanent residents and are not planning to leave?

Would appreciate any and all information here!
4 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
Recall reading about the army helping to Police the roads etc. I can't imagine how would checking and possibly moving long term tourists (non residents) out of the island help in the current situation. Especially with a very limited amount of flights. I would expect them knocking on the doors, checking on elderly people to make sure they have enough of water, food and medicines. Huh
I Heart Fuerteventura
4 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote