This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
corralejo sharks

Sharks in Corralejo
Several specimens of a small scale species have approached the coast this Sunday morning on the beach of Corralejo Viejo, which has forced the beach to be sealed and the bath banned.
About one o'clock in the afternoon the warning was produced in the Emergency Coordinating Center 112 of the Government and a preventive action was started by the City Council of La Oliva, through the Local Police and Civil Protection personnel.

Thus, the bathing area of the beach was cordoned off and a lifeguard supervised to prevent anyone from bathing as a precaution. As indicated by the City Council, it is specimens of dogfish, a species that is "common in the Canary Islands", that "is not dangerous" and that "it is also threatened".

The deputy mayor and head of surveillance of the beaches of La Oliva, Óliver González, explained that "at no time there has been danger" and that now the causes of so many specimens have approached the shore will be analysed.

González indicated that it also remains to be determined, according to the authorities of Security and Emergencies, how long the bathing area will remain cordoned off and with surveillance.

Courtesy of Diario de Fuerteventura

I Heart Fuerteventura
4 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
That’s really interesting, I’ve experienced dog fish around Ireland over the years. If they are a threatened species they should be protected, plenty of other beaches for people to swim in.
3 users say Thank You to Can the Man for this post
Reply Quote
Not the first visit at Corralejo beach. Just came across this video from 2017, probably different species.

I need a six month vacation twice a year Cool
4 users say Thank You to Mia for this post
Reply Quote
And these are just the amphibious variety  Big Grin Big Grin Rolleyes
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
(24-02-2019, 07:20 PM)Mia Wrote: Not the first visit at Corralejo beach. Just came across this video from 2017, probably different species.

Thanks Mia
2 users say Thank You to Can the Man for this post
Reply Quote