This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
taxi fares

Taxi fares
Thought this may be useful......pic taken last year, so  fares may be slightly different now ( but think not)
Well damn me,I cannot add the photo!!

EDIT: added the photo. Sam

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

3 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
Good idea Emmi. I guess the pic was too big to upload. There's a thread about resizing photos that could be handy. Let us know if this isn't the case, please.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Nope, nothing works for me. So, Sam, as this thread is useless without the photo can you delete it for me please.
2 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
No need to delete the thread. We've been in Rotondas today so took a pic of the taxi fares from Puerto del Rosario anywhere on the island. 

Emmi, you can try to send the photo to click@fuerteventura.click I'll add it to the original pos if you do.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I Heart Fuerteventura
3 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
You can use the Presupuesto in here to get fares:

taxi fares
Living my dream
4 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Strange question— if you have a return errand, is it cheaper to get a taxi to wait for you than to pick up another while you're finished?

An acquaintance of ours told us they paid just €25 for a taxi to Puerto and back from Caleta, including a 15 minute wait on the taxi's part while they picked up something in Ideal. Considering we usually pay about €20 just coming from the airport, this seemed very reasonable to us! A couple of days later, I had to run up to Woodside, so we got the taxi to take us up, wait, and bring us home. The metre was reading about €8 when we turned off the main road, but when we got back to Caleta, she only charged us about €11— and that included a five minute wait while I did my business in the warehouse.

Can anyone explain this? Does it have something to do with the fact that taxis can't pick up a fare once they've left their designated pick-up area, and it works out as more Money for them to wait and drive us back at half price than to drive back empty and let a Puerto taxi take us home separately? I'd love if someone could clear this up for me!
3 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
Have sent you my photo Sam......
2 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
(28-12-2018, 02:35 AM)Ducks Wrote: Strange question— if you have a return errand, is it cheaper to get a taxi to wait for you than to pick up another while you're finished?

An acquaintance of ours told us they paid just €25 for a taxi to Puerto and back from Caleta, including a 15 minute wait on the taxi's part while they picked up something in Ideal. Considering we usually pay about €20 just coming from the airport, this seemed very reasonable to us! A couple of days later, I had to run up to Woodside, so we got the taxi to take us up, wait, and bring us home. The metre was reading about €8 when we turned off the main road, but when we got back to Caleta, she only charged us about €11— and that included a five minute wait while I did my business in the warehouse.

Can anyone explain this? Does it have something to do with the fact that taxis can't pick up a fare once they've left their designated pick-up area, and it works out as more money for them to wait and drive us back at half price than to drive back empty and let a Puerto taxi take us home separately? I'd love if someone could clear this up for me!
My understanding of it is this they can pick up passengers after they have left their original pick up point, but only if it is the same Ayumento, example My wife got a taxi from Los rotundas and picked me up in Ideal no problem they simply add the extra passenger supplements, but getting a taxi from The Airport and picking me up in Caleta was a no-no, as it is picking up outside of their original Ayumento, simply put a Rosario taxi can drop you anywhere on the Island ut can only pick up within Rosario and it obviously applies to all te oher Ayumntos.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
(28-12-2018, 09:41 AM)Emmi Smith Wrote: Have sent you my photo Sam......

Thanks Emmi. Stretched the photo a bit and added to the OP.
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
I have heard that taxi drivers in some cases are charging anything between Euros 50 - 100 for a fare to the airport. I am going to try and put a stop to that one way or another so asking for some information from those of you have been "done"!

Did the driver tell you  the fare before you set off?  Or was a huge surprise when you got to the airport?

Was the meter running as normal or switched off?

Did you pay?
Did you have a "discussion" with driver? 

etc etc.  Any info woud be helpful, if you prefer to PM me then that's OK.

thanks
3 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  La Oliva taxi fares TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 1,629 11-08-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Radio Taxi,s Antigua Johnrgby 8 4,729 23-08-2020, 04:11 PM
Last Post: Emmi Smith