This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
cook thomas

Thomas Cook
The betting is that TUI want the Condor fleet.
2 users say Thank You to Archer for this post
Reply Quote
They will probably get it for a song. Flash needs cash.
2 users say Thank You to Rasputin for this post
Reply Quote
Info provided by  Civil Aviation Authority:

Customers already abroad

If you are currently abroad and your flight was with Thomas Cook we are providing new flights to return you to the UK. These repatriation flights will only be operating for the next two weeks (until 6 October 2019). After this date you will have to make your own travel arrangements. From a small number of locations, passengers will have to book their own return flights.
For further advice and details of your return journey please read I am currently abroad. Please note that repatriation flights are only available for passengers whose journey originated in the UK.
If you are currently abroad and due to return to the UK after 6 October 2019, please read the additional information section.
If you are ATOL-protected and are having difficulties with your hotel, please read managing difficulties with accommodation.
PLEASE NOTE: Some of Thomas Cook's package holiday bookings include flights with airlines unrelated to the Thomas Cook Group.  If your return flight is not with Thomas Cook's airline, it will still be valid. However other elements of the package, such as accommodation and transfers will be affected

Also, if you're stranded on Fuerteventura, let us know and we all will try to help as much as we can.
I Heart Fuerteventura
4 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Well said Sam. Thumbs Up
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Antigua considers it necessary and urgent to convene an insular sectoral table in which the municipalities participate.

• The Department of Tourism responds to the doubts of tourists affected by the bankruptcy of Thomas Cook.

The Councillor for Tourism, Deborah Edgington before the concern generated between German and British tourists, addresses and responds to any questions they may have, either personally at the Mayor's Office in Caleta de Fuste, in the email concejalia@caletadefuste.es or calling 606675287.

The mayor Matías Peña, adds to the concern generated in different tourism sectors, for the bankruptcy of the longest-running international company in the Canary Islands, Thomas Cook, and considers that convening an island sectorial table in which the municipalities participate is necessary and urgent .

Meanwhile, the Councillor for Tourism, Deborah Edgington says that this is a sad day for the island and the municipality, whose consequences we will have to face together institutions, businessmen and hoteliers to mitigate the effects that the disappearance of this The main tour operator may have the entry of German and especially British tourists, the latter being the potential client of Caleta de Fuste, in addition to the immediate consequences in the labour collective related to Thomas Cook. .

This Monday, September 23, I have been attending tourists who ask how they can affect the disappearance of their reservation company, and I will continue to answer questions throughout the week, personally at the Mayor's Office in Caleta de Fuste, in the email council@caletadefuste.es and mobile 606675287.

Councilwoman Edgington, remember that in the following link thomascook.caa.co.uk you can find information about booking flights and schedule changes.

Edgington appreciates the information that the receptions of the hotels in Caleta de Fuste are giving to the affected customers, about the changes of flights and schedules, and remember the councillor that all tourists, Thomas Cook customers, maintain their insurance coverage throughout its instance on the island, thanks to the coverage of the financial group to insurance, ATOL, Air Travel Organizer's License.

Courtesy of www.ayto-antigua.es
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Some good news - 

Jet2 are increasing the number of flights to the Canaries - https://www.hosteltur.com/131508_jet2-an...-cook.html
and
the German Government have given Condor a 390 million euro loan - https://uk.yahoo.com/finance/news/german...16130.html
3 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
The new 161,782 places are distributed in 82,646 for Tenerife, 62,038 in Lanzarote, 13,696 in Fuerteventura and 3,402 for Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
At least 4 Thomas Cook (TC) planes landed today, following a post on FB they came in empty to take TC passengers home so it would appear they are using TC planes as part of the repatriation program
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
1 user says Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
(28-09-2019, 06:48 PM)windermeregolfer Wrote: At least 4 Thomas Cook (TC) planes landed today, following a post on FB they came in empty to take TC passengers home so it would appear they are using TC planes as part of the repatriation program

Yes, right from day one they've been using TC planes for repatriation. Almost all the TC planes were leased, not owned, so I imagine the real owners are happy to keep getting some income!

My wife and I were booked to go to Mexico in November, but the flights were with Thomas Cook.  We can't get alternative flights, so the whole trip has been cancelled.  Not happy!
2 users say Thank You to bedouin for this post
Reply Quote
I think you'll find they were Condor flights from Germany. They have about 6 or 7 on Saturday's. The planes are a similar colourway.

Repatriation to the UK is via a third party airline. Probably Titan or similar. The Official Receiver usually does not allow the planes to leave the UK on fear of them being held ransom outside of his control.

Wasn't there a 747 in FUE today? More likely the CAA paid for flight.

Ask Pauly on the other forum. He is the expert.
1 user says Thank You to Archer for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mum jailed over terrifying drunken rage on board Thomas Cook flight to Fuerteventura Sam 2 5,371 22-10-2019, 08:47 PM
Last Post: bedouin