This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
No email after registration? Check your spam folder please. If it's not there, contact us at click@fuerteventura.click

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
fuerteventura wildlife

Wildlife on Fuerteventura
and the next starter for 10:

can anyone ID this?

[Image: TiudKRU.jpg]

and walking my dog at teatime I came across a Houbara, it crossed the track very casually in front of us and carried on its' way across the field. No pic, phone was buried in pocket because of a shower.
thought it was a fly at first sight but it moved more like a spider.
Living my dream
1 user says Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
I use the app inaturalist (as opposed to inaturist 😃) that so far helped me Id every flora and fauna I have ever come across. You upload a photo with a location, it makes suggestions what it could be, and other members confirm your observation. Found out about it at a Cambridge uni lecture, the app is being used for scientific studies for helping monitor species and count numbers mapping distribution. So it's a win win for everyone.
2 users say Thank You to Maggie76 for this post
Reply Quote
thanks Maggie, I'll give it a try. I use a similar one, PlantNet, all the time.

The houbara was back today, obligingly crossing the lane in front of me when I had my phone in hand.

[Image: 9TG0GgH.jpg]
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
The egrets were posing again in La Oliva this morning:

[Image: exfU1te.jpg] [Image: QUEnVcA.jpg] [Image: kToNBEs.jpg]
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Shrek the Shrike is arriving regular as clockwork at 6pm to sit in the bougainvillea to await the arrival of the Hummingbird Hawkmoths for his supper:

[Image: ZpSoFdC.jpg] Hopeless trying to get a pic of him in flight as he swoops - too quick for my phone camera.
Living my dream
Reply Quote

This fine young Hoopoe posed nicely for the camera yesterday in Corralejo.
Didn't seem a bit concerned by my presence.
5 users say Thank You to Bertie for this post
Reply Quote
Praying Mantis dines out on a fly.  It's amazing what goes on in our garden!     
6 users say Thank You to Tardis for this post
Reply Quote
Great pics Bertie & Tardis - thanks.

Tardis that pic is amazing and the stuff of nightmares!
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
We had a Hoopoe Bird visitor this morning on our chimney (first photo taken with pone camera next 4 take with bridge camera) -  

John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
4 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
Funny little thing today, possibly a bee or a furry beetle?  Big Grin

[Image: 8HIfQNV.jpg] [Image: qN9MUeh.jpg]
Living my dream
Reply Quote