Fuerteventura Forum
What's the weather like in Corralejo the first week of May? - Printable Version

+- Fuerteventura Forum (https://fuerteventura.click)
+-- Forum: Fuerteventura Forums (https://fuerteventura.click/Forum-Fuerteventura-Forums)
+--- Forum: Weather in Fuerteventura (https://fuerteventura.click/Forum-Weather-in-Fuerteventura)
+--- Thread: What's the weather like in Corralejo the first week of May? (/Thread-What-s-the-weather-like-in-Corralejo-the-first-week-of-May)

Pages: 1 2

What's the weather like in Corralejo the first week of May? - andrewdixon3 - 06-03-2019

Hi All,

Just wondering what the Weather will be like in Corralejo the first week of May?

Tia

RE: May Weather - fatherted - 06-03-2019

Try this:-
https://www.accuweather.com/en/es/corralejo/303019/may-weather/303019?monyr=5/1/2019

RE: What's the weather like in Corralejo the first week of May? - Sam - 06-03-2019

(06-03-2019, 09:13 AM)andrewdixon3 Wrote: Hi All,

Just wondering what the weather will be like in Corralejo the first week of May?

Tia

Welcome to the forum, Andrew.

The Weather in Corralejo (thanks for spelling the name correctly, BTW) will be summer-ish, temps 24C in the day and 17C in the night. There's about 1% chance you'll see any rain and the temperature of the ocean will be about 19C.

If you're planning your first trip to the island, check the Things to do in Fuerteventura forum as well as the best car rental company thread, before you'll book your transfer or a car.

Enjoy your stay and don't hesitate to ask any questions regarding Fuerteventura. Everyone here is more than happy to help you with your trip.

RE: What's the weather like in Corralejo the first week of May? - Can the Man - 06-03-2019

(06-03-2019, 09:13 AM)andrewdixon3 Wrote: Hi All,

Just wondering what the weather will be like in Corralejo the first week of May?

Tia

Hi Andrew 

Welcome on board to the no. 1 Fuerteventura forum. As Sam says expect temperatures in 24’C, I would even say they could be higher up to 26’C from past experience.

I hope you enjoy your holidays in May.

RE: What's the weather like in Corralejo the first week of May? - MLA - 13-03-2019

Morning Andrew

Here are some Weather reports from around the island for the first week in May 2018. Thanks to some dedicated Weather reporters. 

The reports will be spread over a few posts, due to the limit of 10 images/post.

May 01, 2018, 07:05:03 am

El Cotillo... A remote report to start the month off. The outlook is for a clear sunny day, with any overnight cloud burning off during the morning. There will be a fresh northerly cross/shore wind averaging 17mph. Temperatures expected in the high teens.

Weather back in the UK has recently been cold and wet. I think we returned here a month too early.

Tides:
2:53 AM      2.35 meters   (7.71 ft)   High Tide
6:48 AM            First Light
7:14 AM            Sunrise
8:24 AM            Moonset
9:01 AM      0.13 meters   (0.43 ft)   Low Tide
3:10 PM      2.36 meters   (7.74 ft)   High Tide
8:31 PM            Sunset
8:56 PM            Last Light
9:21 PM      0.16 meters   (0.52 ft)   Low Tide
10:00 PM            Moonrise

[Image: BatnzHe.jpg]

[Image: M65sQxj.jpg]

[Image: QZLBuTm.jpg]

May 01, 2018, 08:10:15 am

Good morning from a reasonably bright Caleta.

The Weather over past 5/6 days has been dominated by the wind, temps have been in the mid 20,s most days and despite there being a fair amount of cloud it has been mostly sunny but very windy.

Yesterday started cloudily and breezy, but by 13:00 cloud had mostly cleared, temp at 24 C. at 14:00 but still windy.

18:30

[Image: GuMaaQK.jpg]

[Image: 5kiTRLN.jpg]

Temp 22 C. but wind Northerly at 22/24 Mph made it feel more like 16/18 C.

Today.

07:30 probably the brightest start for some weeks.

[Image: cor7cNm.jpg]

[Image: GardLfo.jpg]

Temp. 19C. 

Wind. Northerly 17/18 Mph.

Visibility. Very Good

Humidity. 69%

Sea. A 3/4 Ft swell.

UV. 9.

Forecast:-  A sunny day with some cloud, temp to reach mid 20,s wind to ease slightly 13/15 Mph. by late afternoon, the best part of the day to be between 12:00 and 17:00

RE: What's the weather like in Corralejo the first week of May? - MLA - 13-03-2019

May 01, 2018, 10:13:43 pm

I flew home today after 10 days on the island.  I have to say it's been the worst Weather I've ever experienced in April, and I don't think I'll come again in April.  I had 3 nights in the south to start with, where I got rained off the beach 2 days running.  Then moved up to Corralejo, which was predominantly cloudy and with a bitterly cold northerly wind.  Had to put the heating on in the apartment in the evenings!

May 02, 2018, 12:26:05 am

Tindaya and Corralejo - a grey start but the cloud soon broke up. Still the very cold, strong northerly winds.

[Image: neqDLv6.jpg] [Image: Zigsh4S.jpg]
[Image: a50reEk.jpg] [Image: eGsLiHX.jpg]
[Image: EaX6gek.jpg] [Image: HZQqRR9.jpg]
[Image: VQiYB2E.jpg] [Image: pM9oArC.jpg]

May 02, 2018, 08:20:12 am 

Caleta.

Yesterday, very much as forecast, the cloud did build late morning then cleared almost completely by mid-afternoon.

11:00

[Image: egqmYy6.jpg]

14:30

[Image: rPajx1m.jpg]

16:00

[Image: QRJfD0A.jpg]

Temp reached 25 C, but again the wind made it feel more like 16/18 C.

Today

08:00

[Image: jlGjGXD.jpg]

[Image: y01gFs2.jpg]

Temp. 18 C.

Wind. Northerly 15/17 Mph.

Sea. A 3/4 ft swell.

Visibility. Excellent.

Humidity. 61%

UV. 9.

Forecast:- What cloud there is to almost totally disperse by early afternoon, wind to move N/Easterly late morning/early afternoon and reduce to 8/10 Mph. Temp to reach mid 20,s.

May 03, 2018, 12:08:39 am

Tindaya - a gorgeous day! Wind dropped to a light breeze, N or NW, although still a bit of a chill to it. However the sun seemed warmer than of late so a very nice day all round. So nice I got the buggy out and went down to the coast for a couple of hours this afternoon. (Several jellyfish washed up.) Almost total cloud cover moved in from the NW by sunset.

[Image: qGNxcrF.jpg] [Image: Tyj8jtT.jpg]
[Image: 7Bq9A7i.jpg] [Image: pZOvjn6.jpg]
[Image: 2ZaWefH.jpg] [Image: hjBOWdl.jpg]
[Image: XjwrWjL.jpg]

May 03, 2018, 08:58:10 am

Caleta.

Not as forecast at all cloud did not clear in fact increased wind also strengthened rather than eased,  Temp reached 28 C mid-afternoon but the wind made it feel more like 18/20 C, and when the sun clouded over, even less than that.

Today

A really bright start to the day.

Temp 19 C.

Wind. N/Easterly 7/9 Mph.

Humidity 68%.

Visibility. Excellent.

Sea. A 2/3 Ft swell

Uv. 9.

Forecast:- a sunny day, what little cloud there is at the moment to clear by noon, temp to reach mid/high 20,s, wind to increase slightly late afternoon.

May 04, 2018, 12:24:25 am

Tindaya - some strange clouds first thing this morning with little breeze. Cloud mainly cleared giving a bright, sunny day but the breeze picked up again, became quite blustery and was chilly at times. Plenty of cloud reappeared later in the day.

[Image: QGCdrzz.jpg] [Image: aGCw1iZ.jpg]
[Image: 8GencEy.jpg] [Image: 7crfYIX.jpg]
[Image: sjdApKU.jpg] [Image: rjDFmaS.jpg]
[Image: DtqPIHi.jpg]

May 04, 2018, 08:40:41 am

Caleta

Yesterday, Not as nice a day as forecast, but much improved on the Weather of late, the cloud did clear as the day went on, Temp reached 26C early afternoon,  but wind increase more than forecast, but on the upside there appeared to be less of a chill to it last night.

10:00

[Image: 8V1gyxd.jpg] 

14:00

[Image: 9F6iQw8.jpg]

Today, Almost 100% cloud cover at 07:30, but it is starting to clear now.

[Image: cjy9RwC.jpg]

[Image: ePGKxq8.jpg]

[Image: 0EuTDwF.jpg]

Temp. 19C.

Wind Northerly 12/14 Mph.

Visibility. Very good.

Humidity. 61 %

Sea. A 2/3 ft swell.

UV. 9.

Forecast. A sunny breezy day temp to reach mid 20,s wind to move N/easterly late morning and Ease 5/7 Mph before moving Northerly again early evening and increasing 12/14 Mph.

May 05, 2018, 12:12:31 am

Tindaya - despite what the pics show there was actually a lovely lot of sunshine during the day, I just forgot to snap it! Very cloudy start and finish, few spits of rain, constant cold northerly wind but if you could find a sheltered spot it was pretty warm.

[Image: 6RsDRwS.jpg] [Image: x6UoIHY.jpg]

[Image: Ve2ang7.jpg] [Image: iAHxoms.jpg]