This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
old yr fraud investigated

19 yr old investigated for fraud
from Radio Sintonia:

The Civil Guard of the Post of Puerto del Rosario, within the framework of the investigation carried out in relation to technological crime, proceeded to the investigation of a 19-year-old girl in Fuerteventura with a Police record, as the alleged author of the crimes of fraud and documentary falsification.

Likewise, a 35-year-old man with a history of Events of the same nature, resident in Barcelona, has been identified, who may have participated in the Events.
The facts were known, following a complaint made by the injured party on November 12, 2021, who showed that after viewing an advertisement on a well-known online sales portal, in which a vehicle engine valued at 1,950 euros was advertised, he contacted the seller, which turned out to be allegedly a scrapping company, located in the town of Jerez de la Frontera, Cádiz.
The reliability represented by the corporate image offered by the alleged authors, by posing as a business dedicated to the sale of engines, generated full confidence in the injured party, who acquired the article he had seen in the advertisement, proceeding to pay the amount by bank transfer, even being issued an invoice that pretended to be real.
After waiting for a reasonable time and seeing that the purchased item did not arrive, the victim tried to contact the phone number that appeared in the advertisement, being that once he executed the payment, said line became inoperative.
For this reason, after locating on the internet the company from which he had allegedly bought the engine, he contacted them, and it is at that moment, when he discovered that the sale had been fraudulent, since from the real company, they informed him that they did not sell engines, and that in addition, they had already received communication from many people, alerting them that they had been victims of the same scam.
As a result of the complaint made, efforts were made to know if the company that allegedly sold the engines existed, detecting that it was indeed a real business, but that in no case had any link with the advertisements advertised.
That is why the investigations focused on knowing the destination of the Money transferred by the injured party, obtained after the analysis of abundant documentation collected from different entities and online sales portals of the internet, that the alleged authors established their residence in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and Barcelona.
In this sense, it was possible to verify how the person investigated, had advertised in different online sales portals, numerous ads related to the sale of engines of vehicles and boats, being that to provide credibility to the falsehood he committed, he pretended to be a company with which he had no type of link, generating deception in the buyers, those who were confident of the corporate image they offered, did not hesitate to make the transfers.
Once sufficient evidence was gathered to attribute the commission of the different criminal acts, the alleged perpetrator of the acts was investigated, as well as a second related person who may have participated in the Events.
Once the Police investigation was concluded, and achieving the clarification of the facts, the proceedings were sent to the Court of Instruction acting as guard of Puerto del Rosario.
Living my dream
4 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
So the criminals thought it would be great idea to receive Money to a bank account, linked to their names? Huh Big Grin
I Heart Fuerteventura
3 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Sounds about right Sam I have a friend who was a detective, retired a Superintendent, who once said to me " its fortunate that most criminals are stupid, or we would never catch them " not very reassuring, but probably true
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
5 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
(18-03-2022, 09:37 AM)Johnrgby Wrote: Sounds about right Sam I have a friend who was a detective, retired a Superintendent, who once said to me " its fortunate that most criminals are stupid, or we would never catch them " not very reassuring, but probably true

The clever minority rather concentrate on becoming politicians or bankers because they know the Police likes to go after the simple ones.

...I'll get my coat. Big Grin
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Poacher investigated in Tuineje TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 317 05-11-2023, 08:36 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Tax fraud by tobacco company TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 295 23-08-2023, 07:33 PM
  Father & Son in Driving Licence test fraud TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 588 07-07-2023, 08:02 PM
  Fraud through SMS TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 430 07-07-2023, 07:56 PM
  Arrested/investigated for drug trafficking TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 372 01-06-2023, 08:44 PM