This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
No email after registration? Check your spam folder please. If it's not there, contact us at click@fuerteventura.click

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
migrants las 35 boats arrive morning salinas

35 migrants arrive on 2 boats at Las Salinas this morning
35 migrants arrived at Las Salinas this morning ((18 men, 3 women and 14 minors) - https://www.diariodefuerteventura.com/no...WvhjNt-V8w

I wondered what the helicopter activity was early this morning.
[+] 4 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
What do the authorities do with these immigrants once detained?
[+] 4 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
(15-05-2019, 12:51 PM)Emmi Smith Wrote: What do the authorities do with these immigrants once detained?

Once detained I would expect the authorities to grant a visa (let them stay on the island/move them to the mainland) or to repatriate them to their country of departure.
I Heart Fuerteventura
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
If they are allowed to stay on the island, I assume they will not have to go through the rigmarole of becoming `'residents" i.e no private health care or a quantity of Money in the bank such as the  procedures for people who want to live on the island from the UK or other countries. Anyone want to join me in a small boat?  LOL!
[+] 3 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
(23-05-2019, 11:09 AM)Emmi Smith Wrote: If they are allowed to stay on the island, I assume they will not have to go through the rigmarole of becoming `'residents" i.e no private health care or a quantity of money in the bank such as the  procedures for people who want to live on the island from the UK or other countries. Anyone want to join me in a small boat?  LOL!

🤣😂🤣😂 👍
Just tell me when I can retire   Cool
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
(23-05-2019, 11:09 AM)Emmi Smith Wrote: If they are allowed to stay on the island, I assume they will not have to go through the rigmarole of becoming `'residents" i.e no private health care or a quantity of money in the bank such as the  procedures for people who want to live on the island from the UK or other countries. Anyone want to join me in a small boat?  LOL!

You are becoming very cynical Emmi, and while I was born that way or so my parents always told me Big Grin I thought better of you Rolleyes
Do not confuse my personality with my attitude my personality is down to me, but my attitude depends on you!
[+] 3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
(23-05-2019, 11:26 AM)Johnrgby Wrote:

You are becoming very cynical Emmi, and while I was born that way or so my parents always told me Big Grin I thought better of you Rolleyes

🤣😂🤣😂
[+] 4 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
LOL! I  certainly can be cynical but generally I reserve it for special circumstances!
[+] 4 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
(23-05-2019, 11:09 AM)Emmi Smith Wrote: Anyone want to join me in a small boat? LOL!

Pretty risky business IMHO - not many of the migrants make it alive to the Canary Islands. Easier for them to go up north and take the boat to Mainland Europe.

... not sure if I would ever consider to go through things like that just to have a better life. Definitely wouldn't change my life with any of them. 🤔
I Heart Fuerteventura
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Without meaning to be flippant that is relatively easy to say when you HAVE a better life. I see why they do it, they all want what we have. While I have a great deal of sympathy for genuine refugees from war/abuse/genocide I am totally against letting in the ones that use this situation to travel as economic migrants!!!
[+] 4 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote