This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
flour coconut almond flakes

Almond flour, coconut flakes....
Has anyone come across any stores that sell things for baking?
Ideally looking for Almond Flour, Coconut flakes, alternative sweeteners, xantham gum etc...

I'm based in Corralejo but willing to travel 😂
The Local Friendly Tech and Media Guy << Link
Security Cameras, Smart Home Stuffs, Internet Thingies and Video Production Services
2 users say Thank You to McAdam for this post
Reply Quote
The Spa in Caleta do different flours (I bought pasta flour last week) and they have a range of diet / gluten free ingredients. So it could be worth trying a Spa in your area.
Life is short.....Be kind to one another  Smile
2 users say Thank You to classic for this post
Reply Quote
(18-05-2020, 08:54 PM)classic Wrote: The Spa in Caleta do different flours (I bought pasta flour last week) and they have a range of diet / gluten free ingredients. So it could be worth trying a Spa in your area.

Ah great! I'll look for one here, or just fine to caleta and go snorkeling at the same time
Security Cameras, Smart Home Stuffs, Internet Thingies and Video Production Services
2 users say Thank You to McAdam for this post
Reply Quote
It's worth a look in Herbolario Pachamama in Corralejo - they have allsorts in there. Not sure if they are open at the moment though.

herbolario Pachamama, Corralejo
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
(18-05-2020, 10:36 PM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: It's worth a look in Herbolario Pachamama in Corralejo - they have allsorts in there. Not sure if they are open at the moment though.

Ah thanks for that, with a name like Pachamama I'm sure they'll have all sorts of nice stuff Big Grin
3 users say Thank You to McAdam for this post
Reply Quote
Did you manage to find the almond flour anywhere?  i've not had any luck.
2 users say Thank You to MaryMary for this post
Reply Quote
I've used ground almonds for cake making instead of normal flour - would that not be the same thing or at least a substitute?
2 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
(12-07-2020, 10:53 AM)Emmi Smith Wrote: I've used ground almonds for cake making instead of normal flour - would that not be the same thing or at least a substitute?

I was going to say the same thing, and Mercadonna have all the things you are looking for, in their baking section Wink
2 users say Thank You to Lexeus for this post
Reply Quote
Just been to Atlantico centre in Caleta and the small health shop there has Manuka honey. Two types, both 250gm in weight.
One at euros 7 appro - details on jar says IAA 15+ from New Zealand.  And the other a whopping Euros 41 approx -Australian Manuka Honey and says MGO300  NPA10+  MGO activity guaranteed.  All double dutch to me but sure a Manuka fan will know what that means!
3 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
Just been in Mercadona in Corralejo and they didn't have almond flour or manuka honey 😔
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote