This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
home second ownership brexit

Brexit - Second Home Ownership
Not wanting to start a heated debate about Brexit but have seen attached link this morning - 

Owning a Second Home in EU 27 - House of Commons Briefing Paper

Thought it might be of interest to forum members
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
7 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
Too many ifs and buts at this moment. We have to let things to settle down to know what we are up against. I'm sure about one thing, we're not going to sell just because of Brexit. People own second/third properties around the globe and manage to stay at their places anytime they wish.

It could/will get more difficult for sure but who likes things to be easy anyway  Huh  Tongue  Big Grin
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
So, I assume no great change reading this. Apart from the possibility of having to get the “visa permit” thing 😁😁😁
2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
(11-07-2019, 11:59 AM)Spitfire58 Wrote: So, I assume no great change reading this. Apart from the possibility of having to get the “visa permit” thing 😁😁😁

Well then you should read it again.
3 users say Thank You to Rasputin for this post
Reply Quote
(11-07-2019, 01:12 PM)Rasputin Wrote:
(11-07-2019, 11:59 AM)Spitfire58 Wrote: So, I assume no great change reading this. Apart from the possibility of having to get the “visa permit” thing 😁😁😁

And waste even more time. Huh Big Grin Big Grin
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
(11-07-2019, 01:12 PM)Rasputin Wrote:

And I still say the same !! Pretty much no definitive change. Apart from discussions about health cards & driving licence which they expect reach a consensus on. If it turns out that you need to prove self sufficiency in income etc, I am pretty sure that most of the people who can afford to buy a property have the means to support themselves & a IDP costs about £5 so no big deal either. Like I said & I am still of the same opinion that after all the dust settles there will be no great change
2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
The loss of Freedom of Movement is very disappointing.  The ease with which we can travel to Europe, access Health Care, Drive get assistance if needed will be replaced with rules.  We all know the Spanish are strict with rules.  

It does not mean that we will not be able to have regular trips, but the idea of retiring to Fuerteventura has become a lot more complicated unless Brexit is revoked. 

WG thank you for the link.
2 users say Thank You to Perrypower1 for this post
Reply Quote
Agree Perry, it will probably be more difficult but not impossible. We really have to wait and see. It's simply a waste of time now, not knowing how the future will look like.
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
At worst it'll be no worse than the Americans have it now . Once you have the visa I think the paperwork is exactly the same for EU and non EU citizens. 

Health care for retirees is paid by the UK government not the Spanish. Nothing really stops the UK from continuing that if they wanted to.
2 users say Thank You to Will for this post
Reply Quote
There are a lot of links to supplementary documents in the original paper I gave the link to, and to honest I haven't read them yet, a wet day task when back in UK Wink Wink 

Another point that seems to be needing addressing is that if we leave with a deal what will be agreed and happens at the end of the "Transition Period"  Huh Huh Huh
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
3 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can i build a home with sea container by my self? jonnytalento 21 12,444 12-05-2022, 02:24 AM
Last Post: glebben89
  Driving in Fuerteventura for UK drivers after Brexit Sam 33 19,988 21-10-2019, 07:38 AM
Last Post: Sam