This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
building licenses

Building licenses
Hi John

I was told by my builder that any building work above (I think 200 Euros) requires authorisation by the town hall.  Larger projects over I think 2,000 Euros require sign off and in some cases inspections.
If you are constructing a wall the solid area cannot be higher than 1.2 metres apart from the pillars which can be higher.  When my wall was originally constructed it was 1.5 metres and had to be reduced by removing one level of block from the top to comply. You can build above the 1.2 metres with the decorative terracotta bricks as they are not solid.  It was annoying as there are numerous places on the golf course that do not comply, it all depends on whether anyone complains to the Police - if they get a complaint they have to follow it up.
So the answer to your question is probably yes but if no one complains no, if you try to get permission if they are solid panels higher than 1.2 metres they would probably say no.  If you use a Spanish outfit you would probably have no problems Smile .

Dave
2 users say Thank You to Davew for this post
Reply Quote
Isn't that 1,20 m above property level, where property level is determined by the highest spot ?
Reply Quote
Not for my wall, we had to have an architects plan. The garden sloped back to front front was lower so the wall was graduated down the slope.
1 user says Thank You to Davew for this post
Reply Quote
Generally yes you need a license.  If you are repairing or maintaining on a like for like basis you generally will not need a license but any modification is considered building.
1 user says Thank You to Perrypower1 for this post
Reply Quote