This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
fuerteventura buying beds

Buying Beds in fuerteventura
Wink 
Good Morning,

Any recommendations for buying decent beds and just wondered average costs, not from ikea 

I normally buy memory foam contemporary style 

I have the chance to container 4 across but would prefer to support local trade if not extreme prices 

thank you
2 users say Thank You to jdeefd for this post
Reply Quote
Have a look in Llavers in Rosario. the block before Ideal next to Tuco. A good selection of quality and prices.
Life is short.....Be kind to one another  Smile
3 users say Thank You to classic for this post
Reply Quote
There are a number of options, Norte Sur, Centrogar and Laver, to name but three, our options as are I have listed them excellent selection in Laver,s but I am not convinced by the quality, cost for a king size including MF. mattress circa 800€ please bear in mind this was five years ago
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
We have a Tempur memory foam bed in the UK, and we were keen to get the same out here, however, we were warned that such mattresses retain too much heat for out here. 

In the UK the mattress quickly gets to body temperature and we now use a quilt with a much lower tog rating even in the UK winter!
3 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
(19-08-2021, 10:00 AM)Cotillo_Tom Wrote: We have a Tempur memory foam bed in the UK, and we were keen to get the same out here, however, we were warned that such mattresses retain too much heat for out here. 

In the UK the mattress quickly gets to body temperature and we now use a quilt with a much lower tog rating even in the UK winter!

Seconding this. We kept the memory-foam mattress that came with the house, and while it is a terrific mattress, it is not a terrific mattress for the heat. It's okay in winter, but in late Spring/early Autumn, it's not ideal. Will definitely be looking to purchase non-MF when it gets replaced.
4 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
(19-08-2021, 06:27 AM)jdeefd Wrote: Good Morning,

Any recommendations for buying decent beds and just wondered average costs, not from ikea 

I have the chance to container 4 across but would prefer to support local trade if not extreme prices 

thank you
Just wondering what is wrong with Ikea beds and mattresses ?, we replaced both our beds and mattresses a few years ago in Caleta, went into Ikea in Dublin tried out the matterreses found what we liked and ordered 2 double beds with 2 memory foam mattresses from Ikea Fuerteventura and we have had no complaints with them ever since except for stubbing my toe on the end leg all the time as the bed is slight larger than the Spanish bed we had previously.
1 user says Thank You to Can the Man for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks for reply .Nothing wrong with IKEA i just fancied a change .but good to know no problem getting them thanks

Sounds like mf may not be the best idea thanks for advise
2 users say Thank You to jdeefd for this post
Reply Quote
(19-08-2021, 11:57 PM)Can the Man Wrote:
(19-08-2021, 06:27 AM)jdeefd Wrote: Good Morning,

thank you
Just wondering what is wrong with Ikea beds and mattresses ?, we replaced both our beds and mattresses a few years ago in Caleta, went into Ikea in Dublin tried out the matterreses found what we liked and ordered 2 double beds with 2 memory foam mattresses from Ikea Fuerteventura and we have had no complaints with them ever since except for stubbing my toe on the end leg all the time as the bed is slight larger than the Spanish bed we had previously.

I love IKEA, but aren't their mattress sizes slightly different to what's "conventionally" available in Spain? Heard horror stories of being unable to buy correctly sized sheets (especially fitted) anywhere else, and being stuck with only buying sheets from them for the duration. Has this changed?
2 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
We bought our sheets from Ikea when we bought mattresses and beds, but since then we have bought here in Ireland and brought over with us. Bought good quality pillows in PdR they have Aloe impregnated in them, they have a cooling effect. Pillow cases have been bought in Ireland also.
2 users say Thank You to Can the Man for this post
Reply Quote
(20-08-2021, 01:36 PM)Ducks Wrote: I love IKEA, but aren't their mattress sizes slightly different to what's "conventionally" available in Spain? Heard horror stories of being unable to buy correctly sized sheets (especially fitted) anywhere else, and being stuck with only buying sheets from them for the duration. Has this changed?

I believe they have European standard and are different to UK (not Spanish) bed sizes. To make things easy, the UK super king size bed and IKEA super king size bed are exactly the same - 180cm x 200cm or 6' x 6'6".
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buying from EU and VAT Bill 3 1,651 06-11-2022, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Bill
  Buying Cornmeal Johnrgby 2 1,452 10-10-2022, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Johnrgby
  Buying butane in the North Bill 10 2,545 04-09-2022, 06:40 AM
Last Post: windermeregolfer
  Beds & Fitted Sheets - Size Compatibility Tardis 8 4,473 30-12-2019, 11:42 PM