This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

licence house area obtaining rural first occupation unfinished buying

Buying unfinished house in a rural area - obtaining a licence of the first occupation
Question asked on the Darkside

" I am interested to buy an unfinished villa from a Real Estate agent. It has a building permit but needs finishing and obtaining a licence of the first occupation. My concern is the fact that the actual size of the villa is bigger than projected size, although the agent says that it’s common practice for neighbouring houses, and all the townhall is interested in is that someone finishes it. It’s located in a rural area. Any tips, does it sound common to you or rather I should stay away? "

He does not have a cat in h*lls chance of getting a sensible answer on there, I have strongly advised him to sign up for this forum and given him the link to it, but in case it does not happen any advice, please post on the Dark side, alternatively post it here and I will cut and paste it there

EDIT: Title change. Original -  Question asked on the Darkside. Also, added the original title to the top of this post as it makes more sense. Sam
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks John for keeping an eye on the Darkside.

Never had to deal with this myself, all I can suggest: Don't trust any estate agent, no matter what country. Ask your solicitor to explain it over the email, keep the copy in your inbox. Solicitor is working for you, an estate agent is working for the seller (getting paid after the sale) so they don't care about your struggle in the future.  If you don't have a solicitor, get one that isn't sitting in the same office nor have been introduced by the estate agent. One from a different town is always a great choice.
I Heart Fuerteventura
3 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Good advice Sam. 
Do always use the proper Spanish professionals, a solicitor will do the job and make sure you are legal.
Life is short.....Be kind to one another  Smile
3 users say Thank You to classic for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A new law on Housing coming (Incl Unfinished housing) TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 300 05-02-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  VV Licence paperwork? Ducks 5 752 14-12-2023, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Ducks
  How do you apply for a licence to rent out your home , and how easy is it el caballo hambriento 3 2,639 27-06-2022, 12:21 PM
Last Post: TrickyFox
  Buying in Caleta? Ducks 11 5,791 22-11-2021, 09:15 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Buying items from IKEA AKA Rats! el caballo hambriento 21 6,945 24-08-2021, 11:03 PM
Last Post: Can the Man

Forum Jump: