This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAAF - reporting water problems
CAAF (Consorcio de Abastecimiento de Agua a Fuerteventura) have introduced a WhatsApp service for reporting problems. These can be within your boundary or anywhere outside. I use it regularly to report water leaks in Tindaya spotted while I'm out walking. Our mains pipes here are dreadful, either they are on the surface and the goats nibble through knowing they can get at water or the pipes are buried amongst sharp rocks that gradually fracture the pipes. There are several roads where you can see repair joints in the pipes all lined up next to each other for metres on end - why on earth don't they just put a new length of pipe in?

Anyway, the service is excellent and the repairs are very timely. I used to take a hard copy of a Google map into the office when I went to Puerto, sometimes days after the leaks started, and then wait days for any repair work to happen. Now it all seems to happen within 24 hours. The WhatsApp is monitored all the time - whenever I have sent a message it's been acknowledged very quickly (not automated replies).

Photos are welcomed, address of problem if possible or GPS co-ords if in the middle of nowhere or road name not known.

606 999 525 WhatsApp

CAAF covers the north of the island but I'm not sure who is responsible for repairs in the middle or south. If you know of similar services for other companies please start a new thread and post the details - thanks.
Living my dream
6 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks Tamara, they must cover some at least in the middle as well. We are with them & in Valles de Ortega  Smile
1 user says Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
It looks like CAAF does cover the whole island but the WhatsApp service number could be different? Can't find any info on their website, I'm sure they do have a number for reporting online issues too Big Grin
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
I saw an online article the other day with various politicians talking with various representatives from the water companies, discussing why the water loss was still around 40% of the water produced here. They only have to get out and about to see the problems; I have reported 3 leaks this year so far in Tindaya and I saw a bad one being repaired when I was driving through La Oliva on Thursday.

Tindaya 1
[Image: KYJ2ebu.jpg]

Tindaya 2
[Image: HBqqYhh.jpg]

Tindaya 3
[Image: XwjJKqv.jpg]

No 3 is a prime example of CAAF failing to get a grip - this will be the seventh repair in a metre length of the pipe! Good job it didn't occur 24 hours later as it's right at start point of our King's parade.

[Image: 31CCxA1.jpg]
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
I agree water leaks are common and seem to be ignored by locals.
Question: how do you obtain a paper bill from CAAF. we used to get them and then they stopped.
Info on the bank statements is minimal.
2 users say Thank You to DavidP for this post
Reply Quote
We get a paper bill in the post every time. You probably need to go into the office in Puerto to get it sorted out
2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  La Oliva Ayuntamiento - reporting problems TamaraEnLaPlaya 8 7,331 06-11-2019, 12:53 AM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya