Hi , just a reminder of mandatory masks almost everywhere. Stay safe.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
casa ingles oliva

Casa del Ingles, La Oliva
From RadioSintonia.com

The ministry of Culture and Historical Heritage of the lobby of Fuerteventura and the Cultural Association Root of the People have initiated a popular consultation on the value of La Casa del Inglés, located in the town of La Oliva. In this way, citizen participation in the future use that will be given to this Cultural Interest (BIC) is favored, following the process of comprehensive rehabilitation of this historical monument by the island corporation in collaboration with Asociación Cultural Raíz del Pueblo.
According to the director of the area, "it is a question of providing ideas about the projection and approach that this BIC should have, always for the benefit of the collective culture of the Island".
Interested parties can access this popular consultation via the link:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdyEyzLx0dgoCaiX33S6FE4bUU4ku7qQygMGpZfDOUEcvFYyg/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1
Decree 224/2005, of December 13, declares La Casa del Inglés as a Cultural Interest, with a category of monument, delimiting its protection environment. It is an eighteenth century house, located in the place called 'Site of Don David', in the village of La Oliva. This house is a relevant example of the architecture developed by the rural bourgeoisie, being an external evidence of the economic power of the agricultural and commercial bourgeoisie that settled in La Oliva.
The house was built by Mr. Julián Leal Sicilia, whose family, from La Palma, was dedicated to agriculture and trade between the Canary Islands and America. It later became the property of Mr. Parkinson, an English naturalist, dedicated to the study of flora and fauna. The presence of Parkinson's in Fuerteventura is the one left in the memory and even today the house is known as 'Casa del Inglés'. Eventually, Parkinson sold the house, which received different uses. After the Civil War it was occupied by the army, remaining in it for several years infantry troops in one part and in the other a nursing service of the military forces located then in La Oliva.
This two-storey construction is distributed around a large patio with cistern, which was later divided into two, by means of a partition that crosses it from north to south. The house is built with masonry walls, using stone ashlars in the spans and corners.

[Image: lmXkekC.jpg]
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Hope you don't mind, I copied this to one of the FB pages that I admin.
2 users say Thank You to TrickyFox for this post
Reply Quote
No problem  Wink
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
This building was the inspiration for the place in Tiscamanita in the novel 'Clarissa's Warning' by Isobel Blackthorn.
3 users say Thank You to TrickyFox for this post
Reply Quote