This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
trees april 2022 4th cheap cabildo

Cheap trees from the Cabildo from 4th April 2022
from Noticias:

The Cabildo opens the campaign to sell fruit trees at a reduced cost this Monday, April 4.

The Cabildo of Fuerteventura recalls that on April 4 the campaign of sale of fruit trees at reduced cost begins, which is aimed at the general public to promote local agriculture and the beautification of the Majorero landscape.

The Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries, directed by David de Vera, will distribute units of stone fruit trees, seed, local plant and ornamental plant. The copies will be distributed at a subsidized price, distributed in order of arrival at the Experimental Agricultural Farm of Pozo Negro, from 07.30 to 13.00 hours.

After several smaller campaigns due to the pandemic, this time the large volume of units is recovered, especially in terms of local plant with more than 3,000 pomegranates and 2,000 fig trees, among others, which will be distributed at the price of two euros.

In addition to local ornamental plants (palm, dragon tree and carob tree), stone fruit trees (nectarine, peach, plum, apricot and almond tree) and pepita (apple tree, pear and pomegranate) will also be distributed. The latter will have a price of six euros.

To make an equitable distribution, in the first week a maximum of 25 copies per person will be given.

Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
from Radio Sintonia:

Today Monday, April 4, the campaign of delivery of trees at low cost in the Pozo Negro Farm began, an activity promoted by the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries of the Cabildo of Fuerteventura. The interest of citizens has led to queues from 6 in the morning to be attended.

Today, all the numbers have been distributed to be able to manage those requests and the numbers are distributed for tomorrow, hoping that the copies will be sold out in the coming days.
Agriculture will distribute units of stone fruit trees, seed, local plant and ornamental plant. The copies will be distributed at a subsidized price, distributed in order of arrival at the Experimental Agricultural Farm of Pozo Negro, from 07.30 to 13.00 hours.
First campaign after the pandemic
After several smaller campaigns due to the pandemic, this time the large volume of units is recovered, especially in terms of local plant with more than 3,000 pomegranates and 2,000 fig trees, among others, which will be distributed at the price of two euros. In addition to local ornamental plants (palm, dragon tree and carob tree), stone fruit trees (nectarine, peach, plum, apricot and almond tree) and pepita (apple tree, pear and pomegranate) will also be distributed. The latter will have a price of six euros.
To make an equitable distribution, in the first week a maximum of 25 copies per person will be given.
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Yesterday I went to Pozo Negro just to have a look, it was after 10AM; I knew I would find a long queue and in fact the cars were on the edge of the FV2. I read somewhere that people were already outside there at 6AM. I then opted for a walk on the cute beach of Pozo Negro, I didn't feel like to stay in the queue for over two hours.
1 user says Thank You to GMT for this post
Reply Quote
Beats me why anyone would queue over 2 hours to save a couple of euros. Probably waste that amount in fuel! And the specimens looked tiny in the pics I saw, as well.

We've bought loads of fruit trees, palm trees, olives etc from Pozo Negro, over the years. Just wait until the furore has died down, and pay them a visit. Just need NIE number on your order. Easy and no waiting  Smile
2 users say Thank You to Archer for this post
Reply Quote
(05-04-2022, 04:32 PM)Archer Wrote: Beats me why anyone would queue over 2 hours to save a couple of euros. Probably waste that amount in fuel! And the specimens looked tiny in the pics I saw, as well.

We've bought loads of fruit trees, palm trees, olives etc from Pozo Negro, over the years. Just wait until the furore has died down, and pay them a visit. Just need NIE number on your order. Easy and no waiting  Smile

Exactly, I agree with you Thumbs Up , no way I would get up at the crack of dawn or queue for hours.

However, are you saying that you can go whenever you want through the year and buy trees at Pozo Negro? If so, I didn't know. At present it's first come, first served.
Reply Quote
You used to be able to go in there and buy anything they had in stock. You would simply ring the gate bell, the office would see you on cctv and open the gate. But then they closed down to redevelope. New glasshouses, new exhibition sheds etc

We went in once after the new glasshouses were being stocked. Not much choice then, but promises of more to come.

Then COVID came. And it all stopped & closed up.

This promo, I guess, is to kickstart their sales, again. Wait until FEAGA, and go look and see how they are doing.

I would think it will go back to business as usual, when they've cleared this promo stock.

And that massive multi-million redevopment cost will finally see some return to public use (maybe).  Fingers Crossed
3 users say Thank You to Archer for this post
Reply Quote
Thank you, good to know Thumbs Up
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Growing Fruit Trees on Fuerteventura TamaraEnLaPlaya 38 13,573 10-06-2022, 07:55 AM
Last Post: Can the Man
  Almond trees in bloom TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 2,103 28-02-2022, 10:06 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Coconut Palm Trees Tropical Palms Gary 2 3,395 19-02-2021, 12:33 AM
Last Post: Tropical Palms Gary