This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
fue checks airport arrivals

Checks on arrivals at FUE airport
Wink 
Strange and unusual Events when returning on the Tui flight last night (Arrived 19:00 hours from Birmingham).

Two National Police Officers sat in the little glass box. Usual glance at the Passport, then at what appeared to be at random, arrivals are handed a plain white sheet (eg. not Police or Island Government letterhead) with various question and a pen. The forms were completed as people stood at the glass box, so clearly there was very quickly a backlog of arrivals!!

One Policeman appeared to be giving the form to every 3rd person, the other one to every 4th person, however this may have changed after I eventually got past. 

The man in front of me was stopped, so I was able to nose over his shoulder, and the sheet asked for:
Name, passport number, parents names, place and date of birth, address in UK and Fuerteventura and details of flight back to the UK (date, time, flight number).  The man in front had his green certificate of residence, which he waved, but was still required to fill in the form.

This was my very first experience of any other than a brief glance at the passport (and I've walked past empty Passport check booths before now), so I was just wondering what's going on (for the Welsh members: what's occurring).

Anyone had similar experiences?  Anyone got a clue what they were doing?  Is this preparation for a no-deal exit?  

Tom.
3 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
I don't think this has to do anything with Brexit, TBH.

Were the officers targeting single travellers (male/female/certain age) only? They would if they're looking for someone.

Or trying to get info about where do people stay to catch some unlicensed renting. With the rest of the questions to keep your mind occupied. Huh
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airport Security checks TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 554 20-10-2023, 10:54 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya