This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
corralejo 6d cinema cine6d

Cine6D - 6D Cinema in Corralejo
I've been told by friend of mine about this new attraction in Corralejo.

There's not much info online except quite good reviews and I thought there must be somebody on the forum who already tried the 6D Cinema in Corralejo. I believe this cinema is the only one of its kind  in Fuerteventura and although I had an experience on something similar more than 10 years ago, I'm sure this one will be even more fun.

From the info I've managed to gather the Cine6D is located on the top floor of Centro Comercial Las Palmeras and is open since March 2018.

Opening hours;

Mon - Sat: 10am - 10pm
Sunday: 11am - 9pm

Most of the rides are 6 minutes long and cost 5 euro, few longer ones cost 10 euro.

And here's the 6D Cinema in Corralejo on GoogleMaps.

Do we have here anyone who've tried the cinema already?
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Jeez Sam, what the hell is 6D. I have only just used to 3D  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
1 user says Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
(26-11-2018, 01:15 PM)Spitfire58 Wrote: Jeez Sam, what the hell is 6D. I have only just used to 3D  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

If the technology changes faster than us, we are officially old. Welcome aboard, Ron. Big Grin

From what I understood the 4D movies are having extra movement of the user (chairs), 5D adding the smell/sense like water droplets. I honestly have no idea what is the sixth "dimension" here. I guess it's only marketing term to attract more customers.

BTW: There are already 9D, 11D and even 12D cinemas.
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(26-11-2018, 01:44 PM)Sam Wrote:
(26-11-2018, 01:15 PM)Spitfire58 Wrote: Jeez Sam, what the hell is 6D. I have only just used to 3D  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

If the technology changes faster than us, we are officially old. Welcome aboard, Ron. Big Grin

From what I understood the 4D movies are having extra movement of the user (chairs), 5D adding the smell/sense like water droplets. I honestly have no idea what is the sixth "dimension" here. I guess it's only marketing term to attract more customers.

BTW: There are already 9D, 11D and even 12D cinemas.

Well that’s it then !!! I officially give up  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Reply Quote
We have planned to go this week so I'll report back afterwards. They do a really good car valet in the car park under Las Palmeras shopping centre and a good breakfast at one of the eateries, so that will be our morning taken care of! Only Q is, breakfast before or after the 6D? Huh Big Grin
Living my dream
1 user says Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Looking forward to your report, Tamara.

Regarding the breakfast: How good the breakfast actually is - worth to go back and order again just one hour later? Huh
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
(27-11-2018, 11:52 AM)Sam Wrote: Looking forward to your report, Tamara.

Regarding the breakfast: How good the breakfast actually is - worth to go back and order again just one hour later? Huh

Haha - I was actually considering whether it would be safe to eat before the 6D as my tummy doesn't do motion too well!
Had to change plans slightly and will now be heading down to La Luna in the Bristol area for lunch instead (their breakfasts are very good) while my car is valeted.
Still hoping to do the 6D later in the week.
Living my dream
1 user says Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
(27-11-2018, 11:15 PM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: Haha - I was actually considering whether it would be safe to eat before the 6D as my tummy doesn't do motion too well!
That's exactly what I meant Big Grin
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
What a great half an hour! Well worth the Money in my opinion. We paid 15€ each for a package of 3 films - I chose the gentler/calmer films as I wasn't too sure about the motion side of it - I don't do fairground rides and especially not roller coasters! Still needed to wear seat belts and the seats did tilt around a fair amount, but smoothly.

The lady who is running it, Cynthia, spoke really good English, and was very helpful in helping us to chose the best films for us. We went for the helicopter ride over Fuerteventura, underwater in this area of the Atlantic ocean and finally a short, fun dinosaur one. My friend mentioned to Cynthia that she would bring her grandson next time he visited and she gave her a complimentary child's ticket.

We were the only ones there so went straight in. It seats up to 9 people at a time but you would all need to agree on the films obviously.

We wore special glasses for the second 2 films, not needed for the helicopter one. As part of the special effects the AC was quite cold and strong at times - I could have done with a sweatshirt on but then I would have missed some of the effects!

I would certainly go back again - quite happily watch 2 screenings of the helicopter ride! Great thing to do with children when you need something other than the beach.

Cynthia said that they hadn't been very busy since their launch in April - I think a lot of this is due to their being on the top floor of Las Palmeras and not getting passing trade. So, if you need somewhere to park in Corralejo, want your car valeted, need to shop in Spar Padilla, or visit the other shops and cafes, and enjoy this different entertainment, Las Palmeras is a one stop for you. There is also an exhibition of animals etc made from recycled tyres - amazing things!

[Image: GfWqdu8.jpg] [Image: WtczVzq.jpg]
Living my dream
7 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks Tamara for the detailed review, we're looking forward to try the cinema too.

I'm sure the exhibition of the sculptures made of old tires has been in Las Rotondas about three weeks ago. There's a good chance they'll move elsewhere soon.
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Films in English at the Yelmo Cinema, Caleta de Fuste Captain Sensible 370 93,930 10-04-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: Captain Sensible
  The nights of Tefia - cinema release TamaraEnLaPlaya 1 606 18-03-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya