This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
shortage cooking oil

Cooking oil shortage
We did our usual!!! Monday shop trip today, and management is adamant she saw a sign restricting the amount of cooking oil you can purchase, has anyone else seen such a sign? and why I started in retailing as a par timer when in University and continued in one guise or another for another for over 50 years and can remember all sorts of shortages and restrictions from bread to sugar, but cooking oil? it cannot be anything to do with the situation in Ukraine surely? cooking oil and crude oil are about as far apart as Domestos and lemonade.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
Yep saw the same notice in Mercadona this morning in Corralejo
3 users say Thank You to Nemo4 for this post
Reply Quote
Que lastima! What a shame! Back to cooking with butter and lard 😋
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
That's apparently an healthier option than using seed oils - https://www.betternutrition.com/diet-and...your-diet/
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Both Lidl and Mercadona had signs up today limiting customers to 5L of cooking oil/seed oil. I have a feeling this subject is going to run......Johnrgby do you want to start a normal thread and we can add in our comments?
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Elaine (Windermereladygolfer) is a great fan of James Martin and he is an advocate of butter in all his cooking 😊😊😊
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
3 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
(09-03-2022, 08:39 AM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: Johnrgby do you want to start a normal thread and we can add in our comments?

No need to do it manually, I have a script for that Thumbs Up
I Heart Fuerteventura
3 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(09-03-2022, 08:39 AM)windermeregolfer Wrote: Elaine (Windermereladygolfer) is a great fan of James Martin and he is an advocate of butter in all his cooking 😊😊😊

Much better taste in most cases, IMHO.
I Heart Fuerteventura
4 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Ok, cracked it apparently it is only sunflower oil, Ukraine is the main supplier of the product to The Canaries, so rationing is to prevent hoarding and subsequent price increases, now who woud have thought that people would be so selfish as to hoard things? Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
We're usually paying attention to the origin of the food we buy, never came across any oil from Ukraine.

I would personally worry more about the flour due to wheat prices going up like never before.
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote