This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
D3 - Caleta de Fuste
OK, strike while the iron is hot they say. Just come back from a meal at this restaurant, one of the newer, if not the newest, restaurants in Caleta on the site of the old Windmill near the main car park and White Centre. . Predominantly Italian cuisine, we ordered meat lasagne and a pizza with a litre (yeah) of house red. I have really gone off red wine of late but enjoyed this tipple (shouldn't have as I was driving).
The food arrived promptly, which suggests it is not made fresh to order. Having said that it was very tasty and the pizza could be hand eaten. The lasagne, I feel, was over priced (€10.90) for its size, the pizza (€8.90) was reasonable and the wine, at €9, was excellent value. I followed this with Tiramisu as you have to in an Italian restaurant don't you. Never fails to amaze me how this differs from restaurant to restaurant. I also had a cafe leche leche and my wife an Amaretto. Total bill €39.90. TBH, I'm not sure how long they will last as their prices are a little high (a large beer is €3.60 for heavens sake, probably the dearest I have seen). The English tourist wants cheap and cheerful, which I believe the former Windmill offered. At present I don't see anything here to pull the punters in, neither do the owners seem to be promoting the venue.
They are currently running a large generator (and I mean huge) for power, which is very noisy when sitting outside. Also the old play area at the back needs sorting out pronto, probably with more outside seating, if they can draw the clientele in.
I would go back for a pizza or a few starters as Tapas and the house wine, but that's about it really.
Open from 9am (they do English breakfast) until 10pm (in English) or 11pm (in Spanish) - I really should have checked.
3 users say Thank You to TrickyFox for this post
Reply Quote
W will give it a try in the near future It was rubbish as a Bar, but you never Know, if you want expensive try the Italian near Gambrinus, not only very expensive but minuscule portions and very average food.

I take your point on Tiramisu, management makes a great one, but as you say they do vary if you want to try the worse one I have ever eaten anywhere in the world go to Volcano, comes in  a small jar, and taste like a damp sponge
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
We'll have to try this restaurant soon. Thanks for the review, TrickyFox.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(11-01-2019, 06:50 PM)Johnrgby Wrote: W will give it a try in the near future It was rubbish as a Bar, but you never Know, if you want expensive try the Italian near Gambrinus, not only very expensive but minuscule portions and very average food.

I take your point on Tiramisu, management makes a great one, but as you say they do vary if you want to try the worse one I have ever eaten anywhere in the world go to Volcano, comes in  a small jar, and taste like a damp sponge

Worst Tiramisu I've had was at Algo Mas. We ate at that Italian restaurant you mention, Profumi, on NYE with windermeregolfer and his better half. I think I was the only one who hated the meal, I had Wiener Schnitzel, very dry. My wife thought hers was OK (steak with blue cheese sauce) but nothing special. The service was awful IMHO - I don't like to be rushed but they were ridiculously slow.
Volcano is probably the most expensive restaurant in Caleta but I think it is down to the starters and desserts being over priced and I think the wine starts at about €18 a bottle, nice though.
1 user says Thank You to TrickyFox for this post
Reply Quote
We gave this restaurant a chance last weekend. It was fairly empty and we choose to sit outside. Yep, the generator was still running and I've been told it'll be there for another couple of weeks as they're still waiting for the electrics to get connected.
I also asked about the name "D3", weird name for a "Molino". Have been told that there's three owners of the restaurant and the first name of every one of them begins with the letter D.

I quite enjoyed the terrace even we had been waiting a bit longer than usually to the the pizza. Weird as TrickyFox mentioned the food was served pretty fast.
The pizza tasted good, not perfect but definitely better than average. My complaint - They are simply too generous with the cheese. We had two, completely different pizzas and both would taste much better with less cheese on it. I mean, half of the amount they used would be enough.
I still enjoyed the pizza as well as our stay, just felt quite full once we left.

I also liked their menu. Very clean (new establishment) and the actual size of it - perfect to hold in the hand. Also the fact the prices are including IVA (the local VAT) which should be included in the price all the time, IMHO. Why should I, as a customer, be concerned about the taxes they pay, just work it into the price, please.

I would give this restaurant four stars and a promise that we'll try them again sometimes in the future.

Some contact info:

Address: Restaurante D3
Calle Pitera n.1
Paseo Orchilla
Caleta de Fuste 35610

Phone: +34 928 857 938

email: restauranted3.info@gmail.com

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
I've just comeback from D3 and feeling rather disappointed. We did not go out for an evening  of "fine dining",more a quick"ish"  meal not far from home.  My husband had a pizza , think it was called "Diavola", which looked a bit pale and not much on top. It looked bland to me but he said it tasted "OK".
I had a Chicken Kiev - seemed to be lacking the Kiev!  Well fried, almost burnt, and without any flavour. No garlic to taste and very little parsley. Chips were nice though. It was edible but just not tasty enough for me, but then I do like my garlic and expected it to have enough to flavour it at the very least.
No generator going, but they've been erecting tented things in the outside space and there were lots of trestle tables waiting to be put under the canvas.  Hoping for some banquets I suppose.
I found the tables too high and the seats too low for comfort.  I am short in stature so do often have this problem but for my six foot husband they were also uncomfortably unbalanced.
The best part of the meal was a complimentary starter of fried cheese with the dark jam stuff, one of my favourites! Just one piece each.
The service was good and attentive and polite without being over the top.  We didn't have a dessert, but from the photos on their FaceBook page, they look very nice. https://www.facebook.com/d3-Restaurante-...579487658/
Don't think I'll be going again.
4 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
We went there for lunch a couple of weeks ago, and to be honest, it was passable, management is 5ft nothing { although she has been telling me for 40 years she is 5ft 2 in Rolleyes } and i am 6ft+ and  to be truthful did not notice an issue with the tables and chairs, we both had the Chicken Kiev, and it was lacking in Garlic content, but I have had worse, if I were to complain about it it would be .A. The portions are not large but the plates we were served on where and made the meal look worse than it was, and A tourist in a Bikini { not the most photogenic woman I have ever seen }
walking and sitting at a table opposite did not enhance my thoughts on the place, fine dining it is not it looks and feels a bit like an upmarket transport cafe back in The UK, would we go back? possibly.
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
What a disappointment with the last two reviews.  I really thought that this had the makings of a quality restaurant, especially with the prices!  I doubt if we will go back as there are simply too many others that we prefer and even more still to try!

Totally agree on the swimwear issue.  Hate seeing them walking around town, let alone sitting down in a restaurant.
2 users say Thank You to FuerteventuraNow for this post
Reply Quote
We went back there for lunch yesterday, as we have visitors, and we were in the car park and I couldn.t be ar**d to go elsewhere, we were 4 adults and a 13-year-old, I had a Veal Hamburger  { mainly because I am only allowed to eat "junk Food " when we have visitors, or I don,t get nagged about eating it when we have } and it was very good not the best I have eaten but nonetheless very good the other three adults had Gammon, which they all thought was excellent and looked it. the 13-year-old had a Pizza which he said was very nice but didn't,t look that clever to me, BUT, the aforesaid along with 2 desserts which looked excellent and allegedly they were, two cokes, two water, and a large beer 59€. which I thought was excellent value! so maybe I rushed to judgment.

I have a friend who supplies them with some of their product, and in a conversation with him, he made the comment " Sometimes I do not think they know what they are trying to achieve" we will see.

I paid particular attention to the tables and chairs, and could not find an issue with them, having said that we were sat inside and I did notice the furniture out on the terraces was not of the same quality, so perhaps this is where Emmi sat?
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
Yes We were outside on the terrace.
3 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OHANA Lounge Bar - Caleta de Fuste TrickyFox 32 15,947 11-11-2020, 06:27 PM
Last Post: Ray
  California - Caleta de Fuste Can the Man 1 2,886 10-06-2019, 11:35 AM
Last Post: TrickyFox
  Spirit bar - Caleta de Fuste Can the Man 0 2,834 09-06-2019, 09:21 AM
Last Post: Can the Man
  The Great Wall - Chinese Restaurant in Caleta de Fuste Can the Man 11 8,516 02-04-2019, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Sam
  The Perro Loco - Caleta de Fuste - New Bar owners Johnrgby 2 3,416 21-03-2019, 08:35 AM
Last Post: Johnrgby